"Pine Mountain State Resort Park" Pine Mountain State Resort Park by Stephen-KarenConn
Pine Mountain State Resort Park Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 33 photos
Hoping to visit the mountains during the fall color season, we tried to get reservations here six months in advance, but the last two weekends in October but only 30 rooms are available and they were already booked. We opted for a date in early October, and although the trees were still mostly green the scenery was magnificent.
The park is the oldest (or first) state park in Kentucky and the lodge rooms were very nice. This was the high season, $89.00 per night. We especially enjoyed the dining room with a splendid view of the mountains and a sumptous all-you-can-eat evening buffet for $11.95.
Our activities for the weekend included visiting the Cumberland Gap National Historical Park. At Cumberland Gap we hiked to the Pinnacle Overlook for a fantastic view into three states, and also took a three mile hike over the original wilderness road, then up to Tri State Peak, where a marker shows where Kentucky, Virginia, and Tennessee come together.
Hikes we took on Pine Mountain included Honeymoon Falls - only a trickle at this time of year - and Hemlock Garden, an old picnic grounds in a dense mature woods with house size boulders, and even a "fat man's squeeze."
- In a nutshell:A fascinating area for history buffs and nature lovers alike.
A very popular and worthwhile hike on Pine Mountain is to Chained Rock. This is an actual chain which many years ago, as... more travel advice
This is a wonderful area for those who want to experience the southern Appalachians without the crowds and tourist traps... more travel advice
Stephen-KarenConn's Related Pages
Pine Mountain State Resort Park Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Pine Mountain State Resort Park
- Hotels in Pine Mountain State Resort Park
- Restaurants in Pine Mountain State Resort Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pine Mountain State Resort Park
- 4 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (59)
Have you been to Pine Mountain State Resort Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pine Mountain State Resort Park
Photos in Pine Mountain State Resort ParkSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- United States of America Intro, 79 reviews, 166 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Natchez Intro, 31 reviews, 102 photos
- Frankfort Intro, 27 reviews, 100 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austin Intro, 35 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cincinnati Intro, 45 reviews, 77 photos
- San Diego Intro, 38 reviews, 81 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kauai Intro, 27 reviews, 91 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dubuque Intro, 26 reviews, 92 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minneapolis Intro, 22 reviews, 85 photos
- Tahlequah Intro, 25 reviews, 74 photos