"Natural Bridge State Resort Park" Natural Bridge State Park by Stephen-KarenConn
Natural Bridge State Park Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 61 photos
Karen and I especially enjoy the state parks of Kentucky, and Natural Bridge is our favorite of them all. The Park takes it's name from an imposing natural sandstone arch which spans 78-feet in length and is 65-feet high. But there is much more to the park than that. Here you will also find fabulous opportunities for hiking, camping swimming, and much more. There is a delightful lodge, restaurant, gift shops, cottages and activities for the entire family.
The Park was first established in 1895 by the Lexington and Eastern Railroad. The Railroad was built to haul logs out of Eastern Kentucky, and the park was a sideline to passenger and freight business. Trails, campgrounds, picnic areas and other improvements were built. The only way to reach the Natural Bridge for many decades was by railroad. In 1926, after highways had penetrated the area, the railroad donated the Natural Bridge to become one of Kentucky's four original state parks.
Natural Bridge State Resort Park is 52-miles southeast of Lexington. Take I-64 to the Mountain Parkway, and exit at Slade, on KY-11 to the park. It is within the Daniel Boone National Forest and next to the famous Red River Gorge. For more information on the Gorge see our pages under Slade, Kentucky.
Natural Bridge State Resort Park offers numerous ammenities which should be of special interest to families with... more travel advice
From the top of the Sky Lift, it is 1,200-feet by way of the Laurel Ridge Trail to Lookout Point which affords one of... more travel advice
- A Paradise for Hikers
- High Cliffs Can Be Dangerous
- Red River Gorge
- Saturday Night Square Dances
Stephen-KarenConn's Related Pages
Natural Bridge State Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Natural Bridge State Resort Park"
- "Natural Bridge Sate Park"
- "Natural Bridge - Cave Run"
- "Natural Bridge State Park, Kentucky, USA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Natural Bridge State Park
- Hotels in Natural Bridge State Park
- Transportation in Natural Bridge State Park
- Nightlife in Natural Bridge State Park
- Restaurants in Natural Bridge State Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Natural Bridge State Park
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Natural Bridge State Park
- 16 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 18 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (60)
Have you been to Natural Bridge State Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Natural Bridge State Park
- Posted in Travel Guatemala Forum "Re: Guided Tours"
- Commented on one of rw-bigfoot's Natural Bridge State Park travel pages
- updated a Natural Bridge State Park Travel Page "Natural Bridge State Resort Park"
- Wrote a Review Fun for the Entire Family in Natural Bridge State Park Favorites
- Uploaded a Photo to "Fun for the Entire Family"
Photos in Natural Bridge State ParkSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- United States of America Intro, 79 reviews, 166 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Natchez Intro, 31 reviews, 102 photos
- Frankfort Intro, 27 reviews, 100 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austin Intro, 35 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cincinnati Intro, 45 reviews, 77 photos
- San Diego Intro, 38 reviews, 81 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kauai Intro, 27 reviews, 91 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dubuque Intro, 26 reviews, 92 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minneapolis Intro, 22 reviews, 85 photos
- Tahlequah Intro, 25 reviews, 74 photos