"Georgetown, Scott County, Kentucky" Georgetown by Stephen-KarenConn
Georgetown Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 12 photos
Scott County, in north-central Kentucky, was one of two counties established by the first Kentucky Legislature on June 1, 1792. It is named for General Charles Scott, who later served as governor of Kentucky from 1808-1812. The county contains 286 square miles in Kentucky's bluegrass region, famous for it's horse farms.
Georgetown, the county seat, is located only seven miles north of Lexington. It is the home of Georgetown College, chartered in 1829, the first Baptist college to be established west of the Alleghenies. Georgetown College is the home of pro football's Cincinnati Bengals Football Training Camp.
Stephen-KarenConn's Related Pages
Georgetown Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Georgetown, Scott County, Kentucky"
- "s.l.keeling's new Georgetown Page"
- "Basaic Georgetown Page"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Georgetown
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (175)
Have you been to Georgetown?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Georgetown
Photos in GeorgetownSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- United States of America Intro, 79 reviews, 166 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Natchez Intro, 31 reviews, 102 photos
- Frankfort Intro, 27 reviews, 100 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austin Intro, 35 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cincinnati Intro, 45 reviews, 77 photos
- San Diego Intro, 38 reviews, 81 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kauai Intro, 27 reviews, 91 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dubuque Intro, 26 reviews, 92 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minneapolis Intro, 22 reviews, 85 photos
- Tahlequah Intro, 25 reviews, 74 photos