"Oakley, Logan County, Kansas" Oakley by Stephen-KarenConn
Oakley Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 19 photos
Oakley, a progressive little city of 2,173 people (2000 census) is the county seat of Logan County. It is on the high plains of western Kansas at the crossroads of US-83, US-40 and I-70.
Most people who come to this area are only passing through. First were the nomadic American Indians, then pioneers came by covered wagon or stagecoach. The railroad followed, then roads, and finally the interstate highway. Many travelers today only make a pit stop at Oakley, if they stop at all, on their rush along the interstate, east or west, to larger population centers. Those who take time to pause and explore a bit will find many points of interest on this windswept prairie region that gave birth to the legend of Buffalo Bill.
This impressive life-size statue of a coyote, entitled Survivor of the Plains, stands on a large rock in front of the... more travel advice
This exceptionally nice mueseum, which shares a building with the public library, is just a few blocks off I-70 in... more travel advice
Stephen-KarenConn's Related Pages
Oakley Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Oakley, Logan County, Kansas"
- "Oakley, Kansas"
- "A Great Little Town with Pizzaz"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Oakley
- 4 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (59)
Have you been to Oakley?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Oakley
Top 10 Pages
- United States of America Intro, 79 reviews, 166 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Natchez Intro, 31 reviews, 102 photos
- Frankfort Intro, 27 reviews, 100 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austin Intro, 35 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cincinnati Intro, 45 reviews, 77 photos
- San Diego Intro, 38 reviews, 81 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kauai Intro, 27 reviews, 91 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dubuque Intro, 26 reviews, 92 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minneapolis Intro, 22 reviews, 85 photos
- Tahlequah Intro, 25 reviews, 74 photos