"Bean Blossom, Indiana: Mecca of Blue Grass Music" Beanblossom by Stephen-KarenConn
Beanblossom Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 18 photos
Bean Blossom is a tiny unincorporated community about five miles north of the small town of Nashville, in Brown County, Indiana, and 50 miles south of Indianapolis. It's not a world-class tourist destination by most people's standards, but others flock here from around the globe to the Buegrass Music Capital of the World. They especially come in June for the world's oldest continuing bluegrass festival.
If you find yourself in the area, there are also other worthwhile things to see, such as the Bean Blossom Covered Bridge. And if you happen to be in Bean Blossom on a Sunday, there is a Mennonite church in the center of town with a sign over the front door announcing "Stranger's Expected." Since they're expecting you anyway, why not pop in for a visit.
Driving south from Bean Blossom along State Route 135, the road winds its way to the top of a high hill. There on the... more travel advice
Bean Blossom is home to the oldest continuously running bluegrass festival in the world. The festival was started by... more travel advice
Stephen-KarenConn's Related Pages
Beanblossom Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bean Blossom, Indiana: Mecca of Blue Grass Music"
- "Basaic Beanblossom Page"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Beanblossom
- 4 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (177)
Have you been to Beanblossom?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Beanblossom
Photos in BeanblossomSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- United States of America Intro, 79 reviews, 166 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Natchez Intro, 31 reviews, 102 photos
- Frankfort Intro, 27 reviews, 100 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austin Intro, 35 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cincinnati Intro, 45 reviews, 77 photos
- San Diego Intro, 38 reviews, 81 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kauai Intro, 27 reviews, 91 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dubuque Intro, 26 reviews, 92 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minneapolis Intro, 22 reviews, 85 photos
- Tahlequah Intro, 25 reviews, 74 photos