"Danville, Vermilion County, Illinois" Danville by Stephen-KarenConn
Danville Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 20 photos
Danville is located in East Central Illinois 125 miles south of Chicago and 80 miles West of Indianapolis with interstate access to both cities. It is situated on the North Fork of the Vermilion River, about 30 miles west of the Indiana/Illinois state line, and is the seat of Vermilion County.
Danville offers several lakes, many with boating and fishing, The land is hilly with large valleys. Featuring the only Federally designated Scenic River with a State Park offering camping and County Parks featuring many hiking trails. offering 11,000 acres of wildlife, ponds and lakes.
Danville has a rich Local History including the first Genealogical & Historical Society in Illinois. Danville is also known for several Famous Entertainment Personalities. Abraham Lincoln pracitced law here before he became President of the United States.
It was a very hot August afternoon when I drove past Jarling's Custard Cup. The line at their window told me it must a... more travel advice
Stephen-KarenConn's Related Pages
Danville Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Danville, Vermilion County, Illinois"
- "Makes for a Great Pit Stop"
- "Business trip visit"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Danville
- 3 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (175)
Have you been to Danville?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Danville
Photos in DanvilleSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- United States of America Intro, 79 reviews, 166 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Natchez Intro, 31 reviews, 102 photos
- Frankfort Intro, 27 reviews, 100 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austin Intro, 35 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cincinnati Intro, 45 reviews, 77 photos
- San Diego Intro, 38 reviews, 81 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kauai Intro, 27 reviews, 91 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dubuque Intro, 26 reviews, 92 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minneapolis Intro, 22 reviews, 85 photos
- Tahlequah Intro, 25 reviews, 74 photos