"Molokai: An Island Lost in Time" Top 5 Page for this destination Molokai by Stephen-KarenConn
Molokai Travel Guide: 126 reviews and 244 photos
Tourists flock to Oahu and Maui by the hundreds of thousands. A relative handful of intrepid travelers venture to Molokai. With only two hotels and scant restaurants, Molokai has a totally different feel from the touristy glitz of it's better known neighbor islands. On the entire island there is not a single traffic light, nor is there a single building with an elevator in it. If you like bright lights, noise, and 24/7 action, stay in Waikiki. For those who want to experience the old Hawaii - the way it used to be - come to Molokai, "The Forbidden Isle."
Karen and I chose this as the last stop of our three island November trip, and it was without doubt our favorite. We only had four days here; four months would not have been too much.
- Pros:Few commercial establishments.
- Cons:Subway is the only fast food place on the island.
- In a nutshell:Uncomercialized Hawaii without all the crowds.
One of the more difficult National Park sites to reach in the U.S., Kalaupapa may be visited only by persons 16 and... more travel advice
No roads lead to Kalaupapa. In fact, this remote pennisula is a County to itself, Kalawao," totally seperate from Maui... more travel advice
Stephen-KarenConn's Related Pages
Molokai Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The More Hawaiian Island"
- "Molokai - "The Friendly Island""
- "Molokai: An Island Lost in Time"
- "Aloha Molokai"
- "Live Aloha"
- "The "forgotten" island"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Molokai
- Hotels in Molokai
- Transportation in Molokai
- Nightlife in Molokai
- Restaurants in Molokai
- Shopping in Molokai
- Warnings and Dangers in Molokai
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Molokai
- 6 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (60)
Have you been to Molokai?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Molokai
Top 10 Pages
- United States of America Intro, 79 reviews, 166 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Natchez Intro, 31 reviews, 102 photos
- Frankfort Intro, 27 reviews, 100 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austin Intro, 35 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cincinnati Intro, 45 reviews, 77 photos
- San Diego Intro, 38 reviews, 81 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kauai Intro, 27 reviews, 91 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dubuque Intro, 26 reviews, 92 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minneapolis Intro, 22 reviews, 85 photos
- Tahlequah Intro, 25 reviews, 74 photos