"Castle Rock, Colorado" Top 5 Page for this destination Castle Rock by Stephen-KarenConn

Castle Rock Travel Guide: 27 reviews and 57 photos

Castle Rock is a small but rapidly growing town in Central Colorado, 28 miles south of Denver and 40 miles north of Colorado Springs. Named for a prominent natural landmark around which the town is built, Castle Rock is the seat of Douglas County and in the heart of the Crowfoot Valley along I-25. Historic downtown Castle Rock, incorporated in 1881, sits at an elevation of 6,202 feet. The high plains stretch to the east of town and the Front Range of the Rocky Mountains rise dramatically to the west.

• Last visit to Castle Rock: Jul 2004
  • Intro Updated Oct 22, 2004

• starship's Profile Photo
    Aug 6, 2008 at 5:25 AM

The B & B Cafe sounds like something from "Kitchen Nightmares"-- thankfully the other restaurant sounded great. Castle Rock must be a very nice little but growing town.

• Dec 8, 2006 at 7:50 PM

I've eaten at the B & B since the Bradley family purchased the restaurant. I've never had a bad meal or bad service. In fact, the food has always been great.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Jun 30, 2006 at 5:50 AM

A very scenic looking part of Colorado! The views from the base of the rock are amazing! My wife and I would love to take a leisurely road trip through the States to enjoy small pleasures like Castle Rock.

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo
    Mar 14, 2005 at 6:17 AM

Colorado really is beautiful country!

• Feb 5, 2005 at 6:27 PM

i'd never heard of this place before although i'm sure i've been past it a few times. nice page! cute prairie dogs. and yes, almost wanted to be an activist... i'm not that committed. :-)

• keida84's Profile Photo
    Feb 2, 2005 at 7:00 PM

Hi S & K, Colorado is great. I love the prairie dogs, I saw a colony of them in Wyoming.

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Oct 22, 2004 at 4:31 AM

Hans and I went through Castle Rock on our way to Colorado Springs. Maybe we should have made a pit stop there. Too bad about the apple pie. Hugs. Lori.

• basstbn's Profile Photo
    Aug 20, 2004 at 8:44 PM

Another interesting page with nice photos! I too enjoy these Colorado towns.

• keeweechic's Profile Photo
    Aug 20, 2004 at 8:37 PM

I can see where it gets its name. Good warnings on the club. Great choice on cafe for the history shame about the service. I love the Prairie Dogs. I love the sound of this place.

• freya_heaven's Profile Photo
    Aug 20, 2004 at 5:12 AM

The Buffalo look very impressive, wandering over the plains, gorgeous coloures! Looks like you had a lovely time here visiting your family, shame about the restaurant though. Interesting read (~_~)

Badges & Stats in Castle Rock

Have you been to Castle Rock?

Latest Activity in Castle Rock