"San Xavier, Arizona" San Xavier by Stephen-KarenConn

• Last visit to San Xavier: Dec 2004
  • Intro Updated Jan 2, 2005

• TheWanderingCamel's Profile Photo
    Jun 2, 2007 at 2:00 AM

We arrived at St Xavier just before sunset on a New Year's Eve. Folk were preparing for a fiesta, the light was perfect - magic moments. leyle

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Feb 12, 2007 at 3:35 PM

Very interesting and unique place, I unfortunatelly skipped. Well, it was probably under renovation in 2003. I've never eaten Indian Fry Bread. Beautiful intro pic :-)

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Mar 13, 2005 at 3:53 AM

What a quaint little town. I love to see missions. Like everone else says, the Indian fry bread sure sounds good.

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Jan 28, 2005 at 2:04 PM

As always, thanks for showing me the wonderful world:-))

• JetlagCity's Profile Photo
    Jan 19, 2005 at 12:18 PM

There aren't that many places like this in the U.S., that's for sure! Very nice page on this historical place - it's great that this old mission is still active and alive.

• freya_heaven's Profile Photo
    Jan 12, 2005 at 4:15 PM

Interesting read Stephen. I agree on your thoughts of the dark sanctuary. Loved your intro photo, the Indian Fry bread sounds a treat. (~_~)

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Jan 12, 2005 at 11:04 AM

Fry bread sure looks and sounds yummy! The mission sounds just enlightening. Your intro photo sure is excellent...such vibrant color. Looks as though your western trip was great as are your presentations of them.

• TravelCool's Profile Photo
    Jan 5, 2005 at 6:08 PM

I'd probably want to go to the mission because I'm Catholic.

• windsorgirl's Profile Photo
    Jan 4, 2005 at 7:10 AM

Thank you for the roadrunner photo! I had hoped to see one while I was in the southwest, but didn't. Funny, I imagined them to be much taller and coloured in purple and yellow. Did it at least go "meep meep"?

• basstbn's Profile Photo
    Jan 3, 2005 at 1:50 PM

You mean we have the only two pages? Seriously, I learned a lot from yours. I was completely unaware of the prayer fence on the mountain, and have never thought to climb to a higher point to get a panoramic view. Another excellent page!

Badges & Stats in San Xavier

Have you been to San Xavier?

Latest Activity in San Xavier