"Lost Dutchman State Park" Lost Dutchman State Park by Stephen-KarenConn
Lost Dutchman State Park Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 45 photos
Named after a fabled lost gold mine, Lost Dutchman State Park is located in the Sonoran Desert, just north of the growing community of Apache Trail, on the eastern edge of the greater Phoenix metropolitan area. At a base elevation of 2,000 feet, the park is very popular with hikers, and also offers a campground, picnic facilities, special programs and more.
The area has a mild winter climate. When Karen and I were there in late December, the weather was just about perfect, with a high in the mid-60s and mostly blue skies. Summer temperatures often soar about 100F.
When I was a kid my dad subscribed to Arizona Highways magazine and every issue seemed to have at least one full color... more travel advice
Perhaps the most dramatic of several interesting rock formations visitors to Lost Dutchman State Park may see is the... more travel advice
Stephen-KarenConn's Related Pages
Lost Dutchman State Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lost Dutchman"
- "Lost Dutchman State Park"
- "Basaic Lost Dutchman State Park Page"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lost Dutchman State Park
- 5 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (59)
Have you been to Lost Dutchman State Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lost Dutchman State Park
- Posted in Travel Guatemala Forum "Re: Guided Tours"
- Wrote a Review Dramatic Desert Sunsets in Lost Dutchman State Park Favorites
- Uploaded a Photo to "Dramatic Desert Sunsets"
- updated a Lost Dutchman State Park Travel Page "Lost Dutchman State Park"
- Commented on one of kazander's Lost Dutchman State Park travel pages
Photos in Lost Dutchman State ParkSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- United States of America Intro, 79 reviews, 166 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Natchez Intro, 31 reviews, 102 photos
- Frankfort Intro, 27 reviews, 100 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austin Intro, 35 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cincinnati Intro, 45 reviews, 77 photos
- San Diego Intro, 38 reviews, 81 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kauai Intro, 27 reviews, 91 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dubuque Intro, 26 reviews, 92 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minneapolis Intro, 22 reviews, 85 photos
- Tahlequah Intro, 25 reviews, 74 photos