"Russell Cave National Monument, Alabama" Russell Cave National Monument by Stephen-KarenConn
Russell Cave National Monument Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 20 photos
For almost 9,000 years Russell Cave, in northeastern Alabama, was used for human habitation. This well preserved site offers one of the longest and most complete archeological records in the eastern United States.
Russell Cave National Monument was established on May 11, 1961, when the cave and surrounding 310 acres were donated by the National Geographic Society to the American people.
- In a nutshell:One of America's Lesser Visited National Monuments
The exhibits in the small museum at the Visitors Center are definitely worth a close inspection. Of the thousands of... more travel advice
For hundreds of generations, Russell Cave has drawn American Indians. The artifacts they left behind tell the story of... more travel advice
Stephen-KarenConn's Related Pages
Russell Cave National Monument Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Russell Cave National Monument, Alabama"
- "russell cave national monument"
- "Basaic Russell Cave National Monument Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Russell Cave National Monument
- Warnings and Dangers in Russell Cave National Monument
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Russell Cave National Monument
- 9 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 20 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (60)
Have you been to Russell Cave National Monument?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Russell Cave National Monument
Photos in Russell Cave National MonumentSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- United States of America Intro, 79 reviews, 166 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Natchez Intro, 31 reviews, 102 photos
- Frankfort Intro, 27 reviews, 100 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austin Intro, 35 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cincinnati Intro, 45 reviews, 77 photos
- San Diego Intro, 38 reviews, 81 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kauai Intro, 27 reviews, 91 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dubuque Intro, 26 reviews, 92 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minneapolis Intro, 22 reviews, 85 photos
- Tahlequah Intro, 25 reviews, 74 photos