"Montgomery: Alabama's Capital City" Top 5 Page for this destination Montgomery by Stephen-KarenConn

Montgomery Travel Guide: 186 reviews and 340 photos

Capital of the Deep South

Few cities in America hold the historical significance of Montgomery, Alabama. Perhaps some perspectives expressed on these pages will be thought provoking, especially those concerning the Confederacy and the War Between the States. It is not my intention to be controversial - just intellectually honest. I have tried to present the facts accurately, albeit from a Southern point of view.

• Last visit to Montgomery: Dec 2004
  • Intro Updated Jun 8, 2007

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Dec 28, 2006 at 9:43 AM

FASCINATING facts on the War Between the States, I do agree 100% although I hardly can find them in official history books. Is it called US (Northern?) political correctivness?

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Aug 22, 2005 at 3:32 PM

Oh my goodness, it was a great trip and met some wonerful people. Thanks for all the wonderful tips, because I credit you all for them. Hey, I hope you don't mind, but I put a link from my page to your wonderful page! Hugs!!

• tpangelinan's Profile Photo
    May 15, 2005 at 8:03 AM

Wonderful page full of great history and information as always. Never been here, must visit when in Alabama, Thanks for an other great page. :o)

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Mar 31, 2005 at 7:25 PM

A masterpiece! What a joy to spend the time to read this thought provoking group of pages. I'm still smiling about your added "Stephen took a walk with the date" (paraphrase). You love the history, the architecture, the people just as I do. Fantasitic.

• ferdnbean's Profile Photo
    Mar 23, 2005 at 9:45 PM

Steve.. I am in awe. You are a scholar and a gentleman to the highest level that either can be achieved in a human being. Your pages are all MUST READS! Wayne

• MissyWQ's Profile Photo
    Jan 12, 2005 at 11:39 AM

I learned more about Montgomery than I ever did even though I lived only 2 hours South for more than 2 years at Ft. Rucker, Alabama (U. S. Army Helicopter School) in Ozark, AL.

• starship's Profile Photo
    Jan 6, 2005 at 7:51 PM

What a masterful description of an exceptionally interesting and historical city. So much to see --the fact that almost all of the sights are admission free is quite amazing! Definitely a place I'd love to visit.

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Dec 28, 2004 at 5:04 AM

I always knew that Montgomery was rich in southern history, but there are many new things I have learned, thanks to your well written pages. Well done Stephen. Lori.

• PA2AKgirl's Profile Photo
    Dec 23, 2004 at 8:48 PM

A lot of times I look at pages of places either everyone visits or those I want to visit. This is an exception (not too popular generally, but one I love) and it REALLY brought back memories of my visits to Montgomery. Great page, thanks:)

• Waalewiener's Profile Photo
    Dec 16, 2004 at 11:34 PM

Wow Stephen ,what a history in Montgomery lots has happened there .Lori & I have been driving through Alabama for 15 years now and we never really stop in Montgomery ,looking at this great page you are giving us a reason to stop and visit.

Badges & Stats in Montgomery

Have you been to Montgomery?

Latest Activity in Montgomery