Anchorage Nightlife Tips by Stephen-KarenConn Top 5 Page for this destination
Anchorage Nightlife: 42 reviews and 39 photos
Alaska Center for the Performing Arts
If you have any interest at all in the performing arts then the Alaska Performing Arts Center is the place to be in Anchorage. Owned and operated by the city, this is a multi-venue performing arts center with 176,000-square-feet of space and four performing stages. You can catch anything here from Rock to Bach, or even a spelling bee. Unfortunately, I was unable to attend a performance when I was in Anchorage, but I still enjoyed peaking inside and strolling through the beautiful small park and gardens in front of the center. The lobby is usually open, and tours are held Wednesday at 1 p.m. A $1.00 donation is requested.
Thespians believe that the ghost of painter Sydney Laurence haunts the building, making lights dim and brighten mysteriously and elevators go up and down with no one in them. An auditorium demolished to make room for the center was named for Laurence.
Address: 621 W. 6th Avenue, Anchorage, AK 99501
Directions: Downtown Anchorage, on 6th Avenue, between F & G Streets.
More Reviews (29)
- Not as Frigid as You May Think
- See All Oscar Anderson House
- See All Wildlife Viewing
- See All Resolution Park
- See All The Alaska Railroad
- See All A Flea Market to Remember
- Starting Line for the Iditarod Dog Sled...
- See All People Watch While You Eat
- Don't Get Stuck in the Mudflats
- A Great City for Hiking and...
- See All Convenient and Inexpensive
Been to Anchorage?Share your travels with the world!
Stephen-KarenConn's Related Pages
Anchorage Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Not Alaska - But You Can See It From Here"
- "Alaskan Fun Starts Here"
- "Anchorage, Alaska: A Great City in The Great Land"
- "My 2 Alaskas"
- "Anchorage - Gateway to Wild Alaska"
- "frankcanfly's Anchorage Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Anchorage
- Hotels in Anchorage
- Transportation in Anchorage
- Nightlife in Anchorage
- Restaurants in Anchorage
- Shopping in Anchorage
- Warnings and Dangers in Anchorage
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Anchorage
- 30 Reviews
- 32 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 35 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (59)
Have you been to Anchorage?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Anchorage
- Posted in Travel Guatemala Forum "Re: Guided Tours"
- Commented on one of ringleader's Anchorage travel pages
- updated a Anchorage Travel Page "Anchorage, Alaska: A Great City in The Great Land"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Portage Glacier"
- Wrote a Review Not as Frigid as You May Think in Anchorage What to Pack
Photos in AnchorageSee All Photos (32)
Top 10 Pages
- United States of America Intro, 79 reviews, 166 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Natchez Intro, 31 reviews, 102 photos
- Frankfort Intro, 27 reviews, 100 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austin Intro, 35 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cincinnati Intro, 45 reviews, 77 photos
- San Diego Intro, 38 reviews, 81 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kauai Intro, 27 reviews, 91 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dubuque Intro, 26 reviews, 92 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minneapolis Intro, 22 reviews, 85 photos
- Tahlequah Intro, 25 reviews, 74 photos