"Kentucky Back Roads and Byways" Top 5 Page for this destination Kentucky by Stephen-KarenConn

Kentucky Travel Guide: 2,162 reviews and 5,502 photos

Please check back often as we are still building these pages.

• Pros:Birthplace of President Jefferson Davis, C.S.A.
  • Cons:Birthplace of President Abraham Lincoln, U.S.A.
  • In a nutshell:The Bluegrass State
  • Last visit to Kentucky: Apr 2004
  • Intro Updated Jan 1, 2007

• hindu1936's Profile Photo
    May 11, 2007 at 7:56 PM

Yep, this is a place we will visit though Boone had nothing to do with the genesis of the setlement. Simon Kent was first and brought Boone in after the settlement was established. still, a great site though and we will visit it.

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Jul 24, 2006 at 5:05 AM

Wow! Covered bridges, wonderful state parks, history and lots to see and do. Yes, Kentucky is a great state to visit. And I always get a kick out of that "Florence Y'all" water tower whenever we pass it on the way south. Fun pages Stephen.

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Nov 21, 2005 at 6:57 PM

Great tips, I need to try some of these out.

• miner's Profile Photo
    Jul 11, 2005 at 5:39 PM

Excellent Ky. page,Y'All !! I think that water tower has become a landmark !! There is a lot of Kentucky I have yet to see.

• lou31's Profile Photo
    Feb 18, 2005 at 2:10 AM

Your pages were very interesting. I enjoyed reading them. Cheers...

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Jan 18, 2005 at 12:39 PM

Still marvelous 2nd time around. Since I've worked on KY for a week, I needed another perspective...yours is 5-star all the way. I thought I'd seen all of KY, but from your work, I see I sure have not. Above superior is your ranking!

• madamx's Profile Photo
    Jan 8, 2005 at 6:35 PM

Very interesting page! I always wanted to visit the southern US; looks like Kentucky is a good place to start. Love the story about the Florence Mall (Y'all) ~ Helen

• Sep 14, 2004 at 8:42 AM

This is good to know. I remember seeing this monument. Some people cry over a ticket they got in KY. This will show them why my son is hard at work..Thanks for sharing. :) Benita or K.S.P.TroopersMom.

• PA2AKgirl's Profile Photo
    Jul 7, 2004 at 11:57 AM

Thanks for the birthday wishes yesterday AND the wonderful comment you left on my Hershey page. It needs A LOT of work--I just started it! KY is an underrated state, I explored it quite a bit driving to & from school in Alabama:) Great page!

• freya_heaven's Profile Photo
    Jun 25, 2004 at 3:10 AM

Interesting page, Lots of great info, I would enjoy the museum of mountain life. Being vegetarian for 17 years I still miss Kentucky Fried Chicken! Well Done (~_~)

Badges & Stats in Kentucky

Have you been to Kentucky?