"Alabama Back Roads and Byways" Top 5 Page for this destination Alabama by Stephen-KarenConn
Alabama Travel Guide: 1,832 reviews and 4,637 photos
Alabama, which comes from the Creek Indian word for "Tribal Town," is one of the most geographically diverse of the United States, from sugar-white beaches on the Gulf of Mexico to lofty Appalachian Mountains in the northeast. There are sparsely populated wild areas, beautiful farms, bustling cities and quaint small towns oozing with Southern charm. On these pages we will share just a few of the many surprises you will find in this fascinating state which proudly calls itself the "Heart of Dixie."
- In a nutshell:Never Underestimate the South
For more than 9,000 years there is a record of human habitation in this cave which is in the mountains of North Alabama,... more travel advice
There are three National Forests in Alabama: William B. Bankhead National Forest in the North, Conecuh National Forest... more travel advice
Stephen-KarenConn's Related Pages
Alabama Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Alabama Page"
- "Alabama Back Roads and Byways"
- "Ancestral Home of the Four Tribes"
- "RhondaRuth's Vacation in Alabama"
- "The Heart of Dixie"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Alabama
- Hotels in Alabama
- Transportation in Alabama
- Nightlife in Alabama
- Restaurants in Alabama
- Shopping in Alabama
- Warnings and Dangers in Alabama
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Alabama
- 44 Reviews
- 68 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (176)
Have you been to Alabama?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Alabama
Top 10 Pages
- United States of America Intro, 79 reviews, 166 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Natchez Intro, 31 reviews, 102 photos
- Frankfort Intro, 27 reviews, 100 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austin Intro, 35 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cincinnati Intro, 45 reviews, 77 photos
- San Diego Intro, 38 reviews, 81 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kauai Intro, 27 reviews, 91 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dubuque Intro, 26 reviews, 92 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minneapolis Intro, 22 reviews, 85 photos
- Tahlequah Intro, 25 reviews, 74 photos