"Hell in Paradise" Hell by Stephen-KarenConn

Hell Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 42 photos

People have been telling me to "Go to Hell" for as long as I can remember, so I finally went - just for the Hell of it. Who could have known that I would find Hell in Paradise.

Hell is a small district in West Bay on the northwestern end of Grand Cayman Island. The community consists of a post office, three gift shops, a few scattered houses, and an intriguing rock formation which inspired locals to call it "Hell."

This is a fun place to visit, if for no other reason than it lends itself to so many good-natured jokes. It is also a great place to get intresting one-of-a-kind souvenirs.

Hell is located in a beautiful rural area of Grand Cayman Island which makes for an enjoyable diversion from the crowded streets of George Town, the capitol city, where most tourists tend to gather. However, Hell itself can be crowded when tour buses full of cruise ship passengers are disgorged here - all happy to say afterwards that they've been to Hell and back.

• Pros:Cool!
  • Cons:Hot!
  • Last visit to Hell: Jan 2007
  • Intro Updated Feb 6, 2007

• starship's Profile Photo
    May 21, 2008 at 7:00 AM

Very interesting and amusing page! You have a great sense of humor!

• Basaic's Profile Photo
    Feb 5, 2008 at 12:55 PM

Next time someone tells me to go to hell, I'll say sure!

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo
    Jul 17, 2007 at 8:48 AM

We just returned from the W. Caribbean a couple weeks ago and did find our way to HELL. Although it was somewhat of a tourist trap, the people were friendly and we did send a postcard. Not much else to do...enjoyed your humor, Stephen!

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Jun 20, 2007 at 4:14 AM

LOL... I won't mind getting a postcard from H***

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo
    Apr 15, 2007 at 7:33 AM

We are going to Hell next month, so thanks for warning us what to look out for!

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Feb 11, 2007 at 12:10 PM

So funny, Stephen. My sister and I were in Hell when we took our cruise, and I remember doing some of the same things except, at the time, the devil cut-out was not there. I'm still smiling.

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Feb 10, 2007 at 5:40 AM

Sweet roadside stand. Love this sort of "folk art". did you know there is an island of HELL in Poland near Gdansk?

• Dabs's Profile Photo
    Feb 7, 2007 at 9:23 PM

What a fun page! If I ever get to the Cayman Islands, I'll be going to Hell for sure ;-)

• freddie18's Profile Photo
    Feb 7, 2007 at 6:45 PM

Very interesting tips on your Hell page. It is nice to know that there is Paradise in Hell. I am sure there should be a place named Heaven! Regards from Freddie

• johanl's Profile Photo
    Feb 7, 2007 at 10:42 AM

Hell is something else, isnt it? Very interesting to know you've been to Hell.

Badges & Stats in Hell