"Colon, Panama" Colón by Stephen-KarenConn

Colón Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 43 photos

Colon, named for Christopher Columbus, is a seaport town on the Caribbean coast of Panama, near the eastern entrance to the Panama Canal. We sailed into Colon on March 28, 2007, on the anniversary of our first date and two days before our fifth wedding anniversary.

Since this was the first time either Karen or I had been to Panama, we spent little time in the city of Colon itself, but passed through it twice on a bus tour across the Isthmus of Panama where we saw a portion of the Panama Canal and the nation's capitol, Panama City. Still, we spent a short while in Colon looking in shops and viewing the city streets.

• Last visit to Colón: Mar 2007
  • Intro Updated Apr 15, 2007

• starship's Profile Photo
    Jun 11, 2008 at 6:01 AM

Looks like things sure have changed from the '80's when we made a half transit of the canal. They didn't let us off the ship! Don't remember seeing any development around there at all.

• freddie18's Profile Photo
    Mar 14, 2008 at 11:32 AM

The shops in Colon gave some colour to the place. Will be coming back to this page to see more of Colon. Regards

• Maria250's Profile Photo
    Jan 21, 2008 at 11:31 AM

Beautiful pic! And happiest (early) birthday as I won't be around the next days. With the best of my wishes, Maria

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    May 9, 2007 at 3:41 PM

Lovely memories! Great photographs! Good show!

• acemj's Profile Photo
    May 8, 2007 at 6:31 PM

One day I hope you get to pass through the canal.

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Apr 26, 2007 at 12:27 PM

XXI [grin] You two are so romantic. Celebrating your 1st date as well as your 5th anniversary..newly weds in my book. Fabulous photographs, Stephen.

Badges & Stats in Colón