"Managua, Nicaragua" Top 5 Page for this destination Managua by Stephen-KarenConn

Managua Travel Guide: 85 reviews and 322 photos

• Last visit to Managua: Apr 2008
  • Intro Updated Jun 30, 2008

• May 7, 2012 at 6:56 AM

Great photos! I lived in Managua in 1989 and was curious to see how things have changed, or stayed the same. I was there at a time of extreme political upheaval and civil war which was concluding. It was an incredible experience. I just found some old photos that I've been digitizing, here is a link to a photo essay on Flickr:

flickr.com/photos/cjreed/set...

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Nov 30, 2010 at 3:09 PM

They seem to have a number of contemporary buildings besides the old cathedral. WOW-you surely must have had the --scared out of you when picked up for picture taking. Nice job of showing the city

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    May 22, 2009 at 11:29 PM

Great tips Stephen! I lived in Managua 20 years ago and I'm now really looking forward to visit again!

• Dec 3, 2008 at 4:56 PM

Next time you go to Nicaragua, email me! and Pollo Estrella will be on me for you! =D It is very nice to read good stuff about my family's business online! Maria

• easterntrekker's Profile Photo
    Aug 25, 2008 at 2:20 PM

Wow.....great pages . that must have been unreal, when you were arrested. We had our tickets bought but couldn't go as we only had 4 months left on our passport...another time maybe.

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Jun 30, 2008 at 6:00 PM

Arrested at gunpoint! Now, that you don't find as a tip very often. I would have been so frightened. Earthquake in the 70's, trash everywhere, no place for breakfast...you are a patient man, Stephen. A very interesting and informative page.

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Jun 3, 2008 at 10:30 AM

Nice pics Stephen! I'll be back for the finished product.

• Jenniflower's Profile Photo
    Apr 29, 2008 at 8:47 AM

Fabulous start to this page! A real eye opener.

• sourbugger's Profile Photo
    Apr 28, 2008 at 4:59 AM

some great stuff here, lookinf forward to seeing more

• starship's Profile Photo
    Apr 23, 2008 at 7:39 AM

What an interesting page, Stephen!! Too bad about the garbage situation which reminds me of Colombia in the 1980's. Also, I am curious about all the armed guards everywhere!!

Badges & Stats in Managua

Have you been to Managua?

Latest Activity in Managua