"A nice day trip to the Ruinas de Chichen -Itza" Top 5 Page for this destination Ruinas Chichén-Itzá by Waalewiener
Ruinas Chichén-Itzá Travel Guide: 473 reviews and 1,252 photos
Located in the Yucatan
Peninsula ,between the cities Cancun and Merida .
The Maya world was quite large it covered a large area ,it covered parts of Mexico (the Yucatan Peninsula ) and Belize ,Guatamala,
Honduras and El Salvador.
Chichen -Itza which means
'' In the mouth of the Itza's well ''
Chichen - Itza was the center of power in the Yucatan during 800 -1200 A D .
Lori & I went from Cancun on a bus trip to Chichen -Itza ,it was a long day but it was well worth it .
I can recommend this day trip ,and this ancient City is something wonderful to see and you will be totally amazed to see these incredible massive buildings still in such good condition and the fantastic pictures carved in the stones ,just a wonderful experience.
This picture I took from the top of '' El Castillo '',I made it up that Pyramid twice ,only 91 steps haha.
Well I had to do it twice first without my camera ,so that Lori could film me climbing up there .
Then the second time I had to go up there to make this and other pictures .
The view from up there is stunning
I am glad I did it.
By the way this Temple was 10 meters tall and 40 meters wide .
The Architecture has a '' Toltec ''
There are many images of Eagles and Jaguars.
It is a very impressive building and it looks great from up above .
Well the Mayan's did have a real interest in Astronomy ,so they build this Observatory ,the Tower is 13 meters high ,but the whole building is 22 and 1/2 meters high.
The Mayan's would look from the openings of the Observatory ,and observe the Stars ,Venus ,etc.
It is amazing how much of this great building is in tact still .
I is really an awsome sight ,and I am glad that the sun was shining ,better pictures when the sun shines.
- Pros:A great place for a day trip or an overnight stay .
- In a nutshell:If you get a chance you should visit this awsome place
While we had lunch we were entertained by several young people who performed the candle dance for us dancing with a... more travel advice
The Chichanchob This building was called like that because of the little holes on top of the building . Inside the... more travel advice
Written Jan 31, 2005
Smurf visits Chichen - Itza in the Yucatan Mexico
Written Feb 1, 2005
Waalewiener does the Pyramid '' El Castillo''
Written Feb 4, 2005
Pic's of the Pyramid '' El Castillo'' Chichen Itza
Written Feb 6, 2005
Lori & Hansi playing around the 1000 Columns
Waalewiener's Related Pages
Ruinas Chichén-Itzá Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A nice day trip to the Ruinas de Chichen -Itza"
- "The magnificent city of Chichén Itzá"
- "RUINAS CHICHEN-ITZA"
- "Chichen Itza"
- "Chichen Itza"
- "Ruinas Chichen Itza"
- "Chichen Itza"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ruinas Chichén-Itzá
- Hotels in Ruinas Chichén-Itzá
- Transportation in Ruinas Chichén-Itzá
- Restaurants in Ruinas Chichén-Itzá
- Shopping in Ruinas Chichén-Itzá
- Warnings and Dangers in Ruinas Chichén-Itzá
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Ruinas Chichén-Itzá
- 50 Reviews
- 84 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 65 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (42)
Have you been to Ruinas Chichén-Itzá?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ruinas Chichén-Itzá
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Very First Friday Video Pub..."
- Commented on one of Waalewiener's Ruinas Chichén-Itzá travel pages
- Wrote a Review Mexican Restaurant with nice entertainment in Ruinas Chichén-Itzá Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Mexican Restaurant with nice entertainment"
- updated a Ruinas Chichén-Itzá Travelogue "Lori & Hansi playing around the 1000 Columns"
Photos in Ruinas Chichén-ItzáSee All Photos (84)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ruinas Chichén-Itzá Intro, 50 reviews, 84 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Frigiliana Intro, 35 reviews, 94 photos, 7 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 42 reviews, 84 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Breda Intro, 34 reviews, 77 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Honolulu Intro, 34 reviews, 76 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arnhem Intro, 33 reviews, 76 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fuengirola Intro, 32 reviews, 76 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marbella Intro, 32 reviews, 75 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hawaii (State of) Intro, 31 reviews, 74 photos, 5 travelogues
- Oahu Intro, 27 reviews, 70 photos, 5 travelogues