"The Ruins and the Cove of Tulum & Caribbean Sea" Top 5 Page for this destination Tulum by Waalewiener
Tulum Travel Guide: 469 reviews and 1,383 photos
Tulum (which means Fence or Wall )is an old City ,the name Tulum was given because of the wall surrounding the old buildings.
In the early 1500's the Spanish explorers saw from their ships this Castle high up this hill and they saw this City and they were surprised by its large size.
During the years Tulum was occupied several times by rebels
Because of the Tulum wall surrounding the City it was a fortress and hard to conquer.
Tulum is now a nice place to visit ,we enjoyed our time here very much and many other people do visit here.Tulum was one of the Mayan Cities in the Yucutan Peninsula.
Way up a hill on top of the
rocks on a cliff you see the Temple of the wind ,there is a circular platform that was constructed to build a Temple on.
There Temples were dedicated to
'' Ehecatl '' the God of the wind.It is believed that in this Cove area ships would come in and out with their cargo as wells as fishing boats making this a busy trading area for the Mayans
This is a beautiful sight to see and everyone did take pictures of this awsome view .I will have several picture .
There is LoriPori on a cliff,and in the back the beautiful beach '' PAPAYA PLAYA. ''.This beach is great to be after a long day and walk for relaxing and sunbathing.
There is a large wooden stairway that will bring you down to this beach and I will have a picture of this stairway in a tip.
So when you visit Tulum do not forget Bathing suit ,Towel and Sunscreen and of course your Camera.
- Pros:The Tulum ruins are great to see and you should go see them if you can
- In a nutshell:Spend a nice day at the beach after you seen the Ruins ,it will be great
I wish I knew what this is all about it looks a bit scary ,that's what a kid walking by said I think it just a rock... more travel advice
Yes when the Spaniards in their ships came out this way and they saw these buildings raised above these cliffs I can... more travel advice
Waalewiener's Related Pages
Tulum Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Ruins and the Cove of Tulum & Caribbean Sea"
- "TULUM - maya ruins, white beaches and turquise sea"
- "Ahhhhh. The Yucatan"
- "TULUM ---- ESTADO DE QUINTANA ROO"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tulum
- Hotels in Tulum
- Transportation in Tulum
- Nightlife in Tulum
- Restaurants in Tulum
- Shopping in Tulum
- Warnings and Dangers in Tulum
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tulum
- 23 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 17 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (60)
Have you been to Tulum?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tulum
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: A speedy recovery for Dorrise"
- updated a Tulum Travel Page "The Ruins and the Cove of Tulum & Caribbean Sea"
- Commented on one of metteks's Tulum travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "This fun ,taking a picture with the local fellows"
- Wrote a Review An odd looking big rock in a doorway about Tulum Ruins in Tulum Things to Do
Photos in TulumSee All Photos (26)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ruinas Chichén-Itzá Intro, 50 reviews, 84 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Frigiliana Intro, 35 reviews, 94 photos, 7 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 42 reviews, 84 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Breda Intro, 34 reviews, 77 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Honolulu Intro, 34 reviews, 76 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arnhem Intro, 33 reviews, 76 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fuengirola Intro, 32 reviews, 76 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marbella Intro, 32 reviews, 75 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hawaii (State of) Intro, 31 reviews, 74 photos, 5 travelogues
- Oahu Intro, 27 reviews, 70 photos, 5 travelogues