"Banff the first Town on our Canadian Rockies trip" Top 5 Page for this destination Banff by Waalewiener

Banff Travel Guide: 478 reviews and 1,023 photos

Banff is a beautiful Town inside a National Park

Our first trip outside of Ontario through the Canadian Rockies, starting in Calgary off to Canmore,and first overnight stay in Banff Alberta ,which b.t.w is a National Park of Canada.
We are ready to go , we flew from Windsor Ontario to Calgary Alberta ,we have two weeks to make this wonderful trip.
It is Sunday May 25 ,and we are ready to go.
On Sunday June 1 we had a great VT meeting at a White Spot restaurant in Vancouver with some great VT friends , to see the meeting pictures you can find them in the Vancouver Travelogue's.

We are proud to finally travel more in our own country Canada we have been to many countries , but this is our first Canadian trip outside of Ontario.We are looking forward to this trip very much , and I invite all of you to come and follow us on this trip.We will travel to Vancouver and Vancouver Island ,and we have plenty time ,so we will take it slow.In the next chapter I will name some off the towns we will go through, and stayed in..

Calgary, Banff ,Vancouver,V.C Island, Jasper.

I will now describe the route that we took on our trip.
from Calgary we took road # 1 West to Canmore, stopped at Canmore information ,then on to Banff,(overnight stay ),on to Golden ,Revelstoke (overnight stay)
Sicamous, went on to road 97 A south to Vernon (overnight stay),
Kelowna, Peachland, Penticton, Oliver, Osoyoos (overnight stay).Keremeos, Princeton,took road #3 to Hope, then road #1 to Chilliwack ,on to Vancouver,(4 nights overnight stay) then the Ferry Tsawwassen to Swartz Bay ,and on to Vancouver Island, then on to Victoria (overnight stay.),and we went to Duncan (Totempoles), Chemainus (Murals),on to Port Alberni,(overnight stay).then to Tofino ,the final destination, then back to Parksville,(overnight stay) .
Then the Ferry back to Horseshoe Bay,on to Squamish ,Whistler, Pemberton, Lillooet,(overnight stay),on to Kamloops, road # 5 North to Barriere, Valemount ,on to Jasper (overnight stay) road#93 the Icefield Parkway, Lake Louise ,Moraine Lake , then back to Banff.(overnight stay ) then Canmore (overnight stay),then back to Calgary.
The most beautiful part of this trip was the Icefield Parkway from Jasper to Banff ( in our opinion)

• Pros:Just seeing a beautiful Town like Banff is a big pro.
  • In a nutshell:Banff and Banff National park are fantastic.
  • Last visit to Banff: Jun 2003
  • Intro Updated Jun 13, 2003

• GentleSpirit's Profile Photo
    Mar 12, 2012 at 3:54 PM

nice page and some good tips. i look forward to getting back to Banff and spend a bit more time in the national park. regards from maryland

• pcg821's Profile Photo
    Feb 25, 2009 at 6:08 PM

Hey Hansi outstanding pix and tips on Banff,need to put Banff and Jaspar NP my to do list in the near future

• Lhenne1's Profile Photo
    Mar 13, 2008 at 4:36 PM

Thanks for all the great tips. I'm going to be passing through Banff this summer. You've given me some great ideas for thing to see!

• roamer61's Profile Photo
    Jun 4, 2007 at 4:27 AM

Nice page Hans. Banff is one of the places on my radar for 2008.

• MEdelmann's Profile Photo
    Dec 26, 2006 at 4:36 AM

Great page and infos! I will be back soon for more because I will be in Canada next year... :-)

• Oct 27, 2006 at 8:21 AM

Cow's Ice Cream is the greatest ice cream in all of North America. I also bought a Cowy Potter and the Goblet of Milk bookmark, and my friends are all jealous.

• blue_sky04's Profile Photo
    Sep 19, 2006 at 4:06 PM

Hello Hans. How are you? Thanks for sharing about Banff. It gives me useful information for my trip. I am very excited to see it myself soon. Greetings.

• tiabunna's Profile Photo
    Jul 12, 2006 at 4:48 PM

Enjoyable page, Hans. Not sure if they're from Banff, but those cows seem to be appearing everywhere! (saw them in Paris).

• bluebug's Profile Photo
    Sep 10, 2005 at 1:30 AM

Thanks for visiting my pages. You have some really great ones yourself. Banff is definatly on my travel list this year, I can't wait!

• lmkluque's Profile Photo
    Jul 17, 2005 at 7:45 AM

Wonder if mom will bring me something from the Cow store? Enjoyed your page Hans!! Thanks!

Waalewiener

“Travel now , don't wait until it is too late”

Badges & Stats in Banff