"The beautiful Jasper National Park in Alberta." Top 5 Page for this destination Jasper National Park by Waalewiener

Jasper National Park Travel Guide: 437 reviews and 1,104 photos

This is the sign you will see entering Jasper.

Jasper National Park is part of a Canada wide system of National Parks , national historic sites and national marine conservation areas.
Jasper along with Banff ,Kootenay,and Yoho national parks and Mount Robson ,Hamber and Assiniboine provincial parks in B.C form the world-renowned Canadian Rockies World Heritage Site.

At over 10.800 sq.km.Jasper protects snowy peaks , broad valleys, the largest
icefield south of the Arctic Circle.
(Columbia Icefields) and numerous unique geological features, plants, waterways,and wildlife .
Maintaining the health and natural
processes of this ecosystem is a responsibility shared by Park managers , residents and visitors.

Archaeological finds indicate that people were travelling these valleys 9000 years ago.
Aborigional people assisted early
European explorers in their quest to
cross the Rockies nearly 200 years ago and Metis families were homesteading along the Athabasca
River when Jasper National Park was established.in 1907.

• Pros:Seeing Jasper National Park is a positive experience
  • In a nutshell:Go see Jasper National Park if you have the chance
  • Last visit to Jasper National Park: Jun 2003
  • Intro Updated Jul 23, 2003

• Knoto's Profile Photo
    Apr 12, 2008 at 12:10 PM

Wonderful Page---great pictures...Greetings from Germany,Peter

• poeticview23's Profile Photo
    Oct 5, 2007 at 9:50 PM

I'm planning a trip to the C. Rockies in the summer of 08. I particularly like your photo of the river. Beautiful buildings. Thanks for all your good tips.

• Paul2001's Profile Photo
    Sep 23, 2006 at 7:05 AM

I cannot believe they let KFC into Jasper. Otherwise an interesting page. I love your shot of the raven.

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Dec 31, 2005 at 11:53 PM

History and nature, Jasper seems to be a lovely place to visit! Great you saw so many elks in the morning! Happy New Year! Have a year full of fun travels!

• roamer61's Profile Photo
    Dec 17, 2005 at 1:49 PM

Good pages on Jasper Natl Park. I like the pics of the Elk. I had a group outside my inn Estes Park, CO. To bad I was in a hurry to get out of the rain. lol

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Sep 12, 2005 at 12:25 AM

Hej Hansi - great page you have here !! Must have been funny to have all these little elks in town :-) And I love the pictures of that special species - the lovebirds :-)))) Have a great day you both ! (me now - off to work....)

• palmas57's Profile Photo
    Jul 1, 2005 at 7:29 PM

Hello, I enjoyed your morning walk photos, I get up early here in hopes of seeing white tail deer. I love seeing National Park photos. Tell Lori hello.

• annk's Profile Photo
    Jan 28, 2005 at 8:33 AM

Thanks for sharing all the photos, they are great! Nice to see the architecture around town & wildlife too. Think I will book at the Jasper Inn as well.

• galy's Profile Photo
    Dec 11, 2004 at 11:11 AM

We've been in Jasper about 20 years ago, and dreaming of going back. The Raven pictures are great. Ravens are so smart...

• Sandi-2004's Profile Photo
    Dec 6, 2004 at 8:26 PM

Outstanding photos of a beautiful place, esp. liked the one of the elk in the early morning. You have been on so many wonderful trips. Thx for sharing them. I appreciate your visit to my Victoria pgs.

Waalewiener

“Travel now , don't wait until it is too late”

Badges & Stats in Jasper National Park

Have you been to Jasper National Park?