"Lake Louise a famous lake in Canadian Rockies." Top 5 Page for this destination Lake Louise by Waalewiener
Lake Louise Travel Guide: 135 reviews and 370 photos
Lake Louise is a beautiful lake and you definate will be very pleased seeing this stunning lake with the fantastic Victoria Glacier as a backdrop.The lake is named after
Princess Louise Caroline Alberta, the daughter of Queen Victoria.
The lake is 1.730 meters (5.680 ft)
above sea level .
Mount Victoria ,Mount Lefroy,and Mount Fairview add to the beautiful backdrop view of the lake.
the Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise is a fantastic beautiful Hotel that provides an incredible view of the lake withe the green glacier- fed water and the stunning mountains and the glacier behind the lake.It is a marvelous place to visit ,and when we were there they were building what it looked like more Hotel space and rooms.
Imagine arriving here in the 1880's the smell of pine forest , the sound of avalanches from the mountains above ,and the wonder of vast unexplored country ahead.
Today the Ice capped peaks, hidden Valleys and turquose lakes are as spectacular as they ever were, and are much easier to get to.
Early visitors came to Lake Louise by rail or on horse back untill to road from Banff was opened in 1920.Travellers came in the winter and explored on snow shoes,and in the 1930's the skiers arrived.
The Lake Louise are has become a mecca for hikers ,walkers,climbers and just tourist . You will find endless information at the information Centre.
- In a nutshell:A fantastic area to visit and and a stunning view of lake and mountains.
A close up of the fantastic and very snowy glacier behind Lake Louise. To just recap the Lake Louise experience , this... more travel advice
Well a little history about Lake Louise. Lake Louise discovered in 1882 by tom Wilson ,and it was called Emerald... more travel advice
Waalewiener's Related Pages
Lake Louise Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "THE JEWEL OF THE ROCKIES"
- "Lake Louise a famous lake in Canadian Rockies."
- "Lake Louise!"
- "Skiing on the white fluffy clouds of heaven"
- "Lake Louise, my best adventure time"
- "Lake , Snow & Ice - Magnificent Scenery"
- "Canada's "Diamond in the Wilderness""
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lake Louise
- Hotels in Lake Louise
- Transportation in Lake Louise
- Nightlife in Lake Louise
- Restaurants in Lake Louise
- Shopping in Lake Louise
- Warnings and Dangers in Lake Louise
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lake Louise
- 12 Reviews
- 34 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 27 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (60)
Have you been to Lake Louise?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lake Louise
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Vergistoeristen"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Lori & Hans Miscellanious Pictures."
- created a Lake Louise Travelogue "Lori & Hans Miscellanious Pictures."
- Wrote a Review Close up of Victoria Glacier behind Lake Louise. about Mountains /Glaciers in Lake Louise Things to Do
- Commented on one of truus_s's Lake Louise travel pages
Photos in Lake LouiseSee All Photos (34)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ruinas Chichén-Itzá Intro, 50 reviews, 84 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Frigiliana Intro, 35 reviews, 94 photos, 7 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 42 reviews, 84 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Breda Intro, 34 reviews, 77 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Honolulu Intro, 34 reviews, 76 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arnhem Intro, 33 reviews, 76 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fuengirola Intro, 32 reviews, 76 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marbella Intro, 32 reviews, 75 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hawaii (State of) Intro, 31 reviews, 74 photos, 5 travelogues
- Oahu Intro, 27 reviews, 70 photos, 5 travelogues