"Revelstoke a B.C.City full of rich Heritage" Top 5 Page for this destination Revelstoke by Waalewiener

Revelstoke Travel Guide: 40 reviews and 81 photos

Revelstoke an old City with a great History.

st In 1811the Colombia was mapped for Westward expansion
In the 1860's the river,'' big Eddy '' yielded some short time wealth during the '' Big Bend Gold Rush ''
During the construction of the ''Railroad '' in the 1880's the '' Eddy '' became known as the
'' Second Crossing ''.
At first the City was named Farwell after Surveyer A ,S Farwell.
After a court battle between Farwell and the Dominion Government the
City name was changed to '' Revelstoke ''named after Edward Baring Lord Revelstoke, who with his bank money saved the CPR from bankrupcy.
Revelstoke became a City March first 1899.

The Beautiful Revelstoke Courthouse.

We stayed overnight at the Powder Springs Inn, in Revelstoke .
On my walk through the Town I seen a wonderful Town with several Historic Buildings , including this Domed Courthouse,this is a real beautiful building .The adress of this Court House is 1123 Second Street West , very easy to find about 10 minute walk from the centre of Revelstoke.
The Fire Station Hall and the Stations Museum were a real joy to see also very short distance to walk to.

Revelstoke's beautiful Railway Museum.

This is a picture of the Revelstoke Railway Museum, a fantastic looking building ,and in this building and outside this buiding the Railway History is well documented and explained .
Retired ex Engineers volunteer there time to tell you about their experiences and a beautiful CPR locomotive #5468 is displayed and this locomotive was built in 1948.
Enjoy the pictures on this page , they are all my pictures some of my tekst and information I got from the official Revelstoke website.

• In a nutshell:Revelstoke you will love this City for its wonderful Heritage.
  • Last visit to Revelstoke: Jun 2003
  • Intro Updated Aug 29, 2003

• KiKitC's Profile Photo
    Oct 6, 2009 at 2:56 AM

My kind of town! I love visiting all these old mining camps, and seeing which ones made it to being a town or were left deserted. Thanks for the most interesting tour. Hope you have a great birthday tomorrow.

• BillNJ's Profile Photo
    Mar 7, 2009 at 2:05 PM

Nice tips and photos of this nice little section of British Columbia.

• Knoto's Profile Photo
    Apr 12, 2008 at 12:28 PM

Mhhhhhhh, lots of interesting things here...... I think I must put these area on my list...

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Feb 19, 2007 at 7:41 AM

What an interesting idea for a page! We stayed in Revelstoke a few years ago but I confess we didn't see all these things.

• olja1234's Profile Photo
    Apr 3, 2005 at 3:57 AM

A bright idea, to compare old buildings and today's look of them. I enjoyed your page, Hans. Greets.

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Feb 12, 2005 at 4:45 AM

Very interesting info on Revelstoke. I liked the way they try and keep the historical buildings. Wish more cities would do the same.

• Jan 9, 2005 at 2:50 PM

Hey I love your old new comparisons in Relvelstoke. Me and my partner are thinking of moving there in the future for the very reason that the town perserves it's history.

• Sweetberry1's Profile Photo
    Oct 9, 2004 at 2:32 AM

Great page Hans.. the historical photos are very interesting .. Thanks for sharing this place .. ;-)

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo
    Aug 31, 2004 at 10:54 AM

Hi Hans, This is a part of BC I haven't been to, but I think we flew over it on the way back from Alaska and the Yukon Territory. I looked down and wished I had more time to explore British Columbia. Very interesting pages.

• Peter_P's Profile Photo
    Jun 30, 2004 at 10:20 AM

Good info, Hans, tnx...!!

Waalewiener

“Travel now , don't wait until it is too late”

Badges & Stats in Revelstoke

Have you been to Revelstoke?