"Revelstoke a B.C.City full of rich Heritage" Top 5 Page for this destination Revelstoke by Waalewiener
Revelstoke Travel Guide: 40 reviews and 81 photos
st In 1811the Colombia was mapped for Westward expansion
In the 1860's the river,'' big Eddy '' yielded some short time wealth during the '' Big Bend Gold Rush ''
During the construction of the ''Railroad '' in the 1880's the '' Eddy '' became known as the
'' Second Crossing ''.
At first the City was named Farwell after Surveyer A ,S Farwell.
After a court battle between Farwell and the Dominion Government the
City name was changed to '' Revelstoke ''named after Edward Baring Lord Revelstoke, who with his bank money saved the CPR from bankrupcy.
Revelstoke became a City March first 1899.
We stayed overnight at the Powder Springs Inn, in Revelstoke .
On my walk through the Town I seen a wonderful Town with several Historic Buildings , including this Domed Courthouse,this is a real beautiful building .The adress of this Court House is 1123 Second Street West , very easy to find about 10 minute walk from the centre of Revelstoke.
The Fire Station Hall and the Stations Museum were a real joy to see also very short distance to walk to.
This is a picture of the Revelstoke Railway Museum, a fantastic looking building ,and in this building and outside this buiding the Railway History is well documented and explained .
Retired ex Engineers volunteer there time to tell you about their experiences and a beautiful CPR locomotive #5468 is displayed and this locomotive was built in 1948.
Enjoy the pictures on this page , they are all my pictures some of my tekst and information I got from the official Revelstoke website.
- In a nutshell:Revelstoke you will love this City for its wonderful Heritage.
This is a picture of the same bank building as it is today ,look very must the same building eh. more travel advice
This is a picture of the Revelstoke Fire hall , the Fire Hall and the Museum are close together. more travel advice
Waalewiener's Related Pages
Revelstoke Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Revelstoke a B.C.City full of rich Heritage"
- "Back country skiing with the ease of the Resort"
- "Revelstoke BC"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Revelstoke
- 18 Reviews
- 29 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 14 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (42)
Have you been to Revelstoke?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Revelstoke
Photos in RevelstokeSee All Photos (29)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ruinas Chichén-Itzá Intro, 50 reviews, 84 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Frigiliana Intro, 35 reviews, 94 photos, 7 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 42 reviews, 84 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Breda Intro, 34 reviews, 77 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Honolulu Intro, 34 reviews, 76 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arnhem Intro, 33 reviews, 76 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fuengirola Intro, 32 reviews, 76 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marbella Intro, 32 reviews, 75 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hawaii (State of) Intro, 31 reviews, 74 photos, 5 travelogues
- Oahu Intro, 27 reviews, 70 photos, 5 travelogues