"Houghton Lake a nice Central Michigan Town" Houghton Lake by Waalewiener

Houghton Lake Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 74 photos

Seafood Buffet Monday Night Soaring Eagle Casino.

We went to central Michigan and we had a great visit with Janet (VT name janetanne) and also Janet's mom & dad and of course '' Max'' the Dog ,who btw gets very good tasting Dog food (ask Janet for details about this dog food )haha ,woof woof mmm yummy yummy dogfood is yummy ..
It was great ,Mount Pleasant is located in Central Michigan ,it is a 3 hour drive for us from Windsor Canada and we go there for a visit a few times each year .
They have a native Indian run Casino ,named the '' Soaring Eagle ''.
Also there is the University of Central Michigan located here ,it is a nice town and a lovely area to visit .
Now Janet's parents live about one hour north of Mount Pleasant and that area
is real nice with a good size Lake called '' Houghton Lake ''.
Janet came to meet us at the Casino in Mount Pleasant and she had never been there and she loved the '' Indian Art '' displayed in this Casino .
The girls went shopping ,Hansi went Ching Ching in the Casino and the girls
did a little ching ching after our wonderfful Seafood buffet .
The next day we drove to Houghton Lake ,had a great visit with Janet and her parents .
We had lunch & Dinner at Janet's parent's house and it was a very ,very nice day and we made some great friends .
Janet ,Lori & I like to thank you and your parents for your wonderful hospitality .
I hope and I think we will meet again.

Lori & Hansi

Group picture at the back Patio of the house .

This is Janet, & Janet's Mom & Dad ,Lori & Hansi and yes Max .
Max has great taste in Dog Food I know that for a fact .
Oh BTW That coat Lori is wearing is not Lori''s coat .
Janet bought that coat and Lori was trying it on and had it still on when I took the picture .

We spend a wonderful day with Janet and Parents

I hope and I think we will meet again.

Lori & Hansi

• Last visit to Houghton Lake: Jun 2006
  • Intro Updated Jun 28, 2006

• Karolina01's Profile Photo
    Jul 25, 2006 at 10:30 PM

Hello Hans & Lori, again out of your home town? You two are never tired of travelling, good for you!!

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo
    Jul 16, 2006 at 5:14 AM

Hey Hansi, I'm amazed at the way you get around... and always smiling.

• mustertal's Profile Photo
    Jul 8, 2006 at 6:32 AM

I bet it was worth going just for that delicious looking cheese cake.What nice memories you must have.

Waalewiener

“Travel now , don't wait until it is too late”

Badges & Stats in Houghton Lake

Have you been to Houghton Lake?

Latest Activity in Houghton Lake