"Waikiki Beach Oahu, it is a very beautiful Beach." Top 5 Page for this destination Waikiki by Waalewiener

Waikiki Travel Guide: 324 reviews and 811 photos

Waikiki is a jewel on Oahu.

The pictures on this page and in my first Travelogue,are taken by me from the top of Diamond Head , a crater and well known in Oahu. The other travelogues mainly feature pic's from Waikiki Beach and the Hawaiien Hilton Village.
This Hotel is fantastic , and yes the rooms are not cheap but very nice and the view is fantastic.
we were lucky to get an upgrade to the Ali'i Tower, which is in a very good location and has its own Gym and outdoor Pool. I highly recomment this Hotel if it fits your budget.

This is a picture of Diamond Head.

Diamond Head or ( LE' AHI)
this Crater has long history.
LE'AHI is believed to have been created 300.000 years ago during a single brief eruption. The sauser shaped Crater covers 350 acres and its width is greater than its height.The south western rim is higher because the wind was blowing the ash in this direction during the eruption since the eruption the slopes of the crater have been erodedand weakened
by the rain., and wind. Acoral reef now protects the seawards slope of the crater. Diamond Head is the most recogniced land mark in Hawaii. It was designated as a National Natural Landmark in 1968 .

The Diamond Head Lighthouse.

The light house was built in 1917 and is an visual aid to navigation. The summit was named Diamond head because it resembles the forehead of a fish .and the calcite crystals in the rocks were mistaken for diamonds thus Diamond Head.

• Pros:The Sun , the Beach, the Views.
  • In a nutshell:Beautiful & Fantastic and very Clean.
  • Last visit to Waikiki: Feb 2003
  • Intro Updated Feb 26, 2003

• SofaKingHaole's Profile Photo
    Jun 29, 2007 at 6:03 PM

Waikiki Broiler has is closed. The new Roy's at Beach Walk is there now.

• triplehelix's Profile Photo
    Jul 27, 2006 at 4:26 PM

waikiki is pretty much in my backyard a few hundred miles away lol. i visit frequently. love the place to death.

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo
    Apr 8, 2006 at 11:10 AM

I've never visited Waikiki--it looks like a veritable paradise! Thanks, Hansi....

• keida84's Profile Photo
    Aug 15, 2005 at 10:11 PM

Hello. I hate to tell you but most of these restaurants on Lewers street are Gone!! Demolished! a whole new Lewers Street is being built! but your tips are really good though!! Take me back to my litle grass shack, Kat

• Mar 8, 2005 at 5:53 PM

I needed some sunshine, Hansi!! THANKS!!! XOXOXOX

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Mar 4, 2005 at 3:15 PM

Wonderful pages on Waikiki, Hansi. It really was a fabulous place to vacation. Love you lots for taking me there. Hugs. Lori.

• rosie235's Profile Photo
    Feb 5, 2005 at 2:38 AM

Thankyou Hans. I was in 2 minds about booking the Hilton but after reading your travellogue, I feel happier. Loved your tips and will visit the rstaurants when I'm there in may.

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Dec 31, 2004 at 10:59 PM

An excellent page ! Thank you for sharing Hans !

• marcoparco's Profile Photo
    Dec 24, 2004 at 12:04 PM

Very nice page! My parents will be visiting waikiki in Feb! Cheers

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo
    Dec 18, 2004 at 7:26 AM

Fabulous pages, Hans. The views in your travelogues are great too. Brought back wonderful memories of our hike to the top of Diamond Head. Nice to see on a COLD day like today.

Waalewiener

“Travel now , don't wait until it is too late”

Badges & Stats in Waikiki

Have you been to Waikiki?