"Waikiki Beach Oahu, it is a very beautiful Beach." Top 5 Page for this destination Waikiki by Waalewiener
Waikiki Travel Guide: 335 reviews and 843 photos
The pictures on this page and in my first Travelogue,are taken by me from the top of Diamond Head , a crater and well known in Oahu. The other travelogues mainly feature pic's from Waikiki Beach and the Hawaiien Hilton Village.
This Hotel is fantastic , and yes the rooms are not cheap but very nice and the view is fantastic.
we were lucky to get an upgrade to the Ali'i Tower, which is in a very good location and has its own Gym and outdoor Pool. I highly recomment this Hotel if it fits your budget.
Diamond Head or ( LE' AHI)
this Crater has long history.
LE'AHI is believed to have been created 300.000 years ago during a single brief eruption. The sauser shaped Crater covers 350 acres and its width is greater than its height.The south western rim is higher because the wind was blowing the ash in this direction during the eruption since the eruption the slopes of the crater have been erodedand weakened
by the rain., and wind. Acoral reef now protects the seawards slope of the crater. Diamond Head is the most recogniced land mark in Hawaii. It was designated as a National Natural Landmark in 1968 .
The light house was built in 1917 and is an visual aid to navigation. The summit was named Diamond head because it resembles the forehead of a fish .and the calcite crystals in the rocks were mistaken for diamonds thus Diamond Head.
- Pros:The Sun , the Beach, the Views.
- In a nutshell:Beautiful & Fantastic and very Clean.
Each morning a young lady came and hand fed the Penguins in the natural habitat created in the Hotel's Garden area. Many... more travel advice
The only danger there is when you spent some time with this beautiful black lady, you might fall in love with her she... more travel advice
- The Flag lowering Ceremony at a Waikiki...
- Over 150 Stores and Services for you to...
- See All The Cruise include a view of beautiful...
Waalewiener's Related Pages
Waikiki Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "WAIKIKI-A TRUE PARADISE"
- "Waikiki: Big City on the border of Paradise"
- "WAIKIKI BEACH HAWAII"
- "Waikiki Beach Oahu, it is a very beautiful Beach."
- "Wakiki Hawaii"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Waikiki
- Hotels in Waikiki
- Transportation in Waikiki
- Nightlife in Waikiki
- Restaurants in Waikiki
- Shopping in Waikiki
- Warnings and Dangers in Waikiki
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Waikiki
- 20 Reviews
- 63 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 31 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (60)
Have you been to Waikiki?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Waikiki
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: PPSSSTTTTTT..did youi hear..."
- updated a Waikiki Travelogue "Pictures taken from top of Diamond Head Oahu."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Pictures taken from top of Diamond Head Oahu."
- Commented on one of TropicGirl77's Waikiki travel pages
- Wrote a Review Watch the daily feeding of the Penguins. about Hotel Attractions in Waikiki Favorites
Photos in WaikikiSee All Photos (63)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ruinas Chichén-Itzá Intro, 50 reviews, 84 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Frigiliana Intro, 35 reviews, 94 photos, 7 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 42 reviews, 84 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Breda Intro, 34 reviews, 77 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Honolulu Intro, 34 reviews, 76 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arnhem Intro, 33 reviews, 76 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fuengirola Intro, 32 reviews, 76 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marbella Intro, 32 reviews, 75 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hawaii (State of) Intro, 31 reviews, 74 photos, 5 travelogues
- Oahu Intro, 27 reviews, 70 photos, 5 travelogues