"December 7 1941, A Date That Will Live In Infamy." Top 5 Page for this destination Honolulu by Waalewiener
Honolulu Travel Guide: 1,996 reviews and 4,752 photos
On November 26, the Japanese attack fleet of 33 war ships and auxilary craft including 6
aircraft carriers left northern Japan, and set sail for the Hawaiian Islands It took a route far north of the normal shipping lanes. Early morning of Dec 7 1941, the ships had reached their launch positions
230 miles north of Oahu. At 6 am the first wave of fighter bombers and torpedo planes took off.
The night before some 10 miles outside of Pearl Harbor 4 midget submarines with two crewmen, and two torpedoes each were launched from larger '' mother '' Submarines.
The mission of these mini-subs was to enter Pearl Harbor before the airstrikes and than remain submerged untill the planes started attacking and then do as much damage as they could possible do.
The Japanese planes were spotted
at the radar station at Opana point , but they there were seen as friendly aircrafts that were due coming in , so no action was taken ,thus a complete surprise attack.
7 of the U.S fleet's Battle ships were
tied up along '' Battleship Row ''. There will be more information on Ships etc in the rest of my Honolulu page.
The U.S.S. Missourri entered Tokyo Bay early august 29 1945 to prepare for the formal surrender The ceremony with high ranking military officials of all the Allied Powers that came aboard September 2 1945.
General Douglas Mc, Arthur and the Japanese representatives come together as then the surrender ceremony was broadcast to the rest of the world.The war was now ended.
Thanks to my son in law I got to see this great football game and every thing that went along with it,the day was... more travel advice
There is not much to say here , the picture tells the story, fans from all over the USA, all the different football... more travel advice
- See All City Hall Honolulu Hale.
- See All Green Colorful bus with visitors...
- See All Father Damien.
Written Mar 16, 2003
The Arizona Memorial Site viewed from the air.
Written Mar 18, 2003
The tribute to the fallen men & women continues.
Written Mar 21, 2003
Downtown Honolulu Buildings Monuments etc.
Written Mar 23, 2003
These are pic's of 2003 Pro Bowl Game Honolulu.
Waalewiener's Related Pages
Honolulu Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Living in Honolulu"
- "Home Away From Home"
- "THE REAL HAWAII IS HONOLULU"
- "Waikiki - Number one attraction!"
- "December 7 1941, A Date That Will Live In Infamy."
- "The family in Hawaii for 6 months"
- "Hawaiian Sunsets."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Honolulu
- Hotels in Honolulu
- Transportation in Honolulu
- Nightlife in Honolulu
- Restaurants in Honolulu
- Shopping in Honolulu
- Warnings and Dangers in Honolulu
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Honolulu
- 34 Reviews
- 76 Photos
- 7 Forum posts
- 45 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (43)
Have you been to Honolulu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Honolulu
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: It's Friday night and I am..."
- Commented on one of Hexepatty's Honolulu travel pages
- updated a Honolulu Travelogue "Hawaiian Sunsets."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Hawaiian Sunsets."
- Wrote a Review To see a Pro Bowl Football Game you need a ticket. about ProBowl in Honolulu Sports & Outdoors
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ruinas Chichén-Itzá Intro, 50 reviews, 84 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Frigiliana Intro, 35 reviews, 94 photos, 7 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 42 reviews, 84 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Breda Intro, 34 reviews, 77 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Honolulu Intro, 34 reviews, 76 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arnhem Intro, 33 reviews, 76 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fuengirola Intro, 32 reviews, 76 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marbella Intro, 32 reviews, 75 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hawaii (State of) Intro, 31 reviews, 74 photos, 5 travelogues
- Oahu Intro, 27 reviews, 70 photos, 5 travelogues