"San Francisco the beautiful City by the Bay." San Francisco by Waalewiener
San Francisco Travel Guide: 9,335 reviews and 20,089 photos
Where do I begin, I decided not to go with info about the City's History etc , I just want to tell you all how much Lori & I enjoyed this fantastic City.
We of course parked our rental car ,we knew that we did not want to drive our car in this City that has soo many ways to get you around .You will see in these pages how many different and colourful ways to get you around this City.
Because our Hotel was downtown and very near the the '' United Nations Plaza '',this was our first visit in San Francisco.
This is a very impressive place and I will put up some more pictures other then this one of the beautiful San Francisco '' City Hall ''.
The San Francisco Tour has now begun I hope you enjoy it.
This of course is the famous '' Golden Gate Bridge ''
The road on this bridge is called Highway 101 and it links San Francisco with Marin County.Because of the high winds and the foggy weather they did not think it was possible to build this bridge ,but they did and it was completed in 1937.
The bridge is 1.2 miles long and it took 4 years to build it and during the construction life's were lost.
The bridge can withstand very strong winds but the bridge does sway a lot.
The colour of the bridge is International Orange and it makes the Bridge very visable (except when foggy hehe).
We were at Vista point when this picture was taken which is on the Sausalito side of the bridge.
The view from this Vista Point is stunning you will see in some of the pictures.
The toll to passover this Golden Gate Bridge is $5 US .
Shopping ,Dining ,Seafood real fresh in Fish stalls to see with your own eyes ,it really is a delightful sight.
Of course Boudin Sour Dough Bread fresh bread ,and eating soup out of a the bread bowls is a Fisherman's Wharf must see and must eat.
Then come the cruises , there is the Golden Gate Bay Cruise and the 2 hour California Sunset Cruise. The Bay Cruise Ferry Terminal at Pier 43 1/2
and there are several Ferries that go different places .
The Blay & Gold Fleet is the Ferry
one we took to Sauasalito.
The San Francisco Museum and Historical Society.
The '' Musee Mecanique '' is there.
Also an Historic Submarine that can be visited and toured called
the '' USS PAMPANITO ''
Much much more ,Pier 39 is a real busy but fun place .
I found a friend named '' Bones '' there ,he was an odd fellow kinda boney looking , but we got along just fine he even hugged me.
Hard Rock Cafe ,the Aquarium at the Bay ,an visitors centre with internet service was there ,food ,Pizza Ice cream ,sour dough bread of course .lots more .
Also a NFL league shopping outlet.
Fresh Fruit with water to wash the fruit and chocolate for dipping your strawberries,mmm yummy.
Well that about sums it up if I forgot some then we probably still see it in
the pages .Enjoy the pages.
- Pros:Fantastic City with so much to offer , don't miss visiting S F.
As you can see this road to Treasure Island is very busy ,wall to wall cars but it was well worth going there ,because... more travel advice
Well this picture tells the Story this is the building on Pier 41 Marine Terminal The ticket for many boat trips and... more travel advice
- See All The top of the Coit Tower on Telegraph...
- Every big City has a Gentlemen Club.
- See All A great NFL store that sells lots of ...
- See All With name like Lori's Diner the food...
Waalewiener's Related Pages
San Francisco Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bagdad by the Bay"
- "San Francisco - My Favorie City - By Default"
- "San Francisco - "It's a free-for-all up there!""
- "SFO ... a declassé love letter to the CITY"
- "San Francisco: Why this heart never leaves"
- "I Left My Heart..."
- "San Francisco is Really Shaking Things Up!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in San Francisco
- Hotels in San Francisco
- Transportation in San Francisco
- Nightlife in San Francisco
- Restaurants in San Francisco
- Shopping in San Francisco
- Warnings and Dangers in San Francisco
- See All...
Badges & Stats in San Francisco
- 42 Reviews
- 84 Photos
- 6 Forum posts
- 55 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (60)
Have you been to San Francisco?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in San Francisco
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: A speedy recovery for Dorrise"
- updated a San Francisco Travel Page "San Francisco the beautiful City by the Bay."
- Uploaded a Video to San Francisco
- Commented on one of aussiedoug's San Francisco travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "UNION SQUARE AND SAN FRANCISCO CHURCHES"
- Wrote a Review On the way to Treasure Island we cross Bay Bridge in San Francisco Off The Beaten Path
Photos in San FranciscoSee All Photos (84)
Videos in San FranciscoSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ruinas Chichén-Itzá Intro, 50 reviews, 84 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Frigiliana Intro, 35 reviews, 94 photos, 7 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 42 reviews, 84 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Breda Intro, 34 reviews, 77 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Honolulu Intro, 34 reviews, 76 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arnhem Intro, 33 reviews, 76 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fuengirola Intro, 32 reviews, 76 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marbella Intro, 32 reviews, 75 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hawaii (State of) Intro, 31 reviews, 74 photos, 5 travelogues
- Oahu Intro, 27 reviews, 70 photos, 5 travelogues