"San Francisco the beautiful City by the Bay." San Francisco by Waalewiener

San Francisco Travel Guide: 9,138 reviews and 19,443 photos

San Francisco is a Gem of a City and it has it all

Where do I begin, I decided not to go with info about the City's History etc , I just want to tell you all how much Lori & I enjoyed this fantastic City.
We of course parked our rental car ,we knew that we did not want to drive our car in this City that has soo many ways to get you around .You will see in these pages how many different and colourful ways to get you around this City.
Because our Hotel was downtown and very near the the '' United Nations Plaza '',this was our first visit in San Francisco.
This is a very impressive place and I will put up some more pictures other then this one of the beautiful San Francisco '' City Hall ''.
The San Francisco Tour has now begun I hope you enjoy it.

Best view wthout the fog ,but I liked it with fog.

This of course is the famous '' Golden Gate Bridge ''
The road on this bridge is called Highway 101 and it links San Francisco with Marin County.Because of the high winds and the foggy weather they did not think it was possible to build this bridge ,but they did and it was completed in 1937.
The bridge is 1.2 miles long and it took 4 years to build it and during the construction life's were lost.
The bridge can withstand very strong winds but the bridge does sway a lot.
The colour of the bridge is International Orange and it makes the Bridge very visable (except when foggy hehe).
We were at Vista point when this picture was taken which is on the Sausalito side of the bridge.
The view from this Vista Point is stunning you will see in some of the pictures.
The toll to passover this Golden Gate Bridge is $5 US .

Fisherman's Wharf is where the action is.

Shopping ,Dining ,Seafood real fresh in Fish stalls to see with your own eyes ,it really is a delightful sight.
Of course Boudin Sour Dough Bread fresh bread ,and eating soup out of a the bread bowls is a Fisherman's Wharf must see and must eat.
Then come the cruises , there is the Golden Gate Bay Cruise and the 2 hour California Sunset Cruise. The Bay Cruise Ferry Terminal at Pier 43 1/2
and there are several Ferries that go different places .
The Blay & Gold Fleet is the Ferry
one we took to Sauasalito.
The San Francisco Museum and Historical Society.
The '' Musee Mecanique '' is there.
Also an Historic Submarine that can be visited and toured called
the '' USS PAMPANITO ''
Much much more ,Pier 39 is a real busy but fun place .
I found a friend named '' Bones '' there ,he was an odd fellow kinda boney looking , but we got along just fine he even hugged me.
Hard Rock Cafe ,the Aquarium at the Bay ,an visitors centre with internet service was there ,food ,Pizza Ice cream ,sour dough bread of course .lots more .
Also a NFL league shopping outlet.
Fresh Fruit with water to wash the fruit and chocolate for dipping your strawberries,mmm yummy.
Well that about sums it up if I forgot some then we probably still see it in
the pages .Enjoy the pages.

• Pros:Fantastic City with so much to offer , don't miss visiting S F.
  • Last visit to San Francisco: Aug 2004
  • Intro Updated Sep 15, 2004

• vichatherly's Profile Photo
    Oct 12, 2010 at 9:48 AM

It was a shame that you didn't make it inside Coit Tower to see the wonderful murals. Maybe next time ehh

• unravelau's Profile Photo
    Jun 25, 2010 at 7:13 PM

Loved your boney dance partner Hansi. Did you know that the Coit tower featured in the last race around the world competition that we saw a couple of weeks ago? Thank you for the SF tour. Carole.

• Basaic's Profile Photo
    Apr 13, 2009 at 1:17 PM

I have a nephew living here and a cousin in nearby Berkeley. This is ghigh on my to visit list.

• craic's Profile Photo
    Jan 16, 2008 at 9:51 AM

amazing

• Jan 8, 2008 at 6:01 PM

Just left Loris Diner at 149 Powell Street, GM Japanese female shocking rude down right desgusting for using my laptop she ejected me they have Wireless I never go back.

• Nov 21, 2007 at 11:04 AM

It was such a pleasure reading this page. I have always wanted to see SF, & after visiting your page here, the desire has become even stronger. Thanks.

• GenuinelyCurious's Profile Photo
    Oct 3, 2007 at 3:30 PM

If you like that mannequin, you'll love San Francisco's Halloween...

• Mehmet1234's Profile Photo
    Mar 3, 2007 at 11:47 AM

LOL hehehehe that was the funniest picture i ever saw. Good thing u survived from Mr.Bones lol.

• palmas57's Profile Photo
    Feb 26, 2007 at 6:08 PM

Hey guys, I enjoyed looking at these photos. My daughter moved to San Francisco last August. I miss her. Glad you are doing well. Eva

• spgood301's Profile Photo
    Jan 10, 2007 at 2:09 PM

My problem was, I lost my wife before the honeymoom could even start. Took me a looooooonnnnnnng time to find her too heeeheeeee

Waalewiener

“Travel now , don't wait until it is too late”

Badges & Stats in San Francisco

Have you been to San Francisco?

Videos in San Francisco