"The best thing about Sacramento was Jeannette1" Top 5 Page for this destination Sacramento by Waalewiener

Sacramento Travel Guide: 420 reviews and 1,008 photos

Thank you for the wonderful tour Jeannette

This meeting with Jeannette in Old Sacramento was planned ahead of time .Jeannette asked me if I could make a stop during our trip around California and of course we were happy to do so .It was a sunday and we stayed Sunday overnight at the Vagabond Motel in Old Sacramento .
We met for about 3 hours and Jeannette was not able to have dinner with us due to family responsibilities .We had a wonderful 3 hours together and it was BLOODY HOT ,104 Fahrenheit so we toured mainly in the Car ,but of course we got out and for drinks and Ice cream and a visit at Old Sacramento, .And after that Jeannette drove us to the State Capital building, and also showed us the beautiful areas of Sacramento and also the less beautifull areas of Sacramento .We stopped at the '' Old Governor's Mansion '' where President and Nancy Reagan used to reside .Then we made a stop at the '' Tower Theatre '' a Sacramento landmark and at the Tower cafe we had a drink
Jeannette you gave a great inside of your beautiful City ,I believe you have lived there many years.
What I do remember very well are the trees ,so many gorgeous trees aligned the streets of Sacramento.
THANK YOU Jeannette for this wonderful Sunday afternoon and for showing us your City.
Lori & Hans.

Sacramento was established in 1848 as a trading post on the river '' Sacramento ''.The City was incorperated in 1849 and it was made the '' State Capital ''in 1854.It was the end of the first railroad in 1856 ,and the western end of the '' Pony Express '' in 1860.
Sacramento has had very rapid growth,because it housed the State government and it had very good transportation.
Sacramento has been called ''City of Trees '' and I noticed that very much when we drove through Sacramento.
Newsweek magazine proclaimed Sacramento One of the best 10 Cities in the USA.
We did not stay long in Sacramento but my impression was ,it is a very beautiful City.

• Pros:Sacramento was absolutely beautiful so nothiing negative
  • In a nutshell:Make a stop when you come close to this City even for a short stay.
  • Last visit to Sacramento: Aug 2004
  • Intro Updated Sep 19, 2004

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Sep 10, 2010 at 11:26 AM

Hello, Hansi! It's always a pleasure to read your travel pages! ...

• blue_sky04's Profile Photo
    Mar 17, 2006 at 4:30 PM

Nice page on Sacramento. It brings back the memory of my 6-month stay in this town.

• keida84's Profile Photo
    Aug 10, 2005 at 11:00 AM

Hansi, my brther lives ina small town outside of Sacramento called, "Lincoln" I enjoy the old town section of Sacramento, lots to do and see Kat 8/10/05

• deecat's Profile Photo
    May 13, 2005 at 6:11 PM

What a picturesque place. So nice to meet and talk with VT friends. More wonderful travelogues, Hans! Some majestic architecture.

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Feb 9, 2005 at 8:43 PM

I enjoyed your tour of Sacramento. When I was in Davis (1 year), I came often to neighboring Sacramento and always enjoyed it a lot. Thanks for reminding !

• lmkluque's Profile Photo
    Oct 16, 2004 at 8:03 AM

I was here, with my sons, many moons ago and have enjoyed your pictures and comments Hans! Jeannette did a great job showing you and Lori around!

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Oct 10, 2004 at 5:37 AM

Nice Sacramento pages Hansie. Yes we did have a great time there. Hugs. Lori.

• btex's Profile Photo
    Oct 7, 2004 at 2:45 PM

nice pics. the tower theatre looks like a good place to see movies. happy birthday!

• truus_s's Profile Photo
    Sep 29, 2004 at 10:26 AM

Looks nice...Onze droom is om naar Californie te gaan..Lijkt me geweldig!!Ik hoop volgend jaar!!

• rozehill's Profile Photo
    Sep 22, 2004 at 4:29 PM

Sacramento surely does look lovely Hansi, and you were able to see a lot of the sights. Unusal art of that nature on the building!!

Waalewiener

“Travel now , don't wait until it is too late”

Badges & Stats in Sacramento

Have you been to Sacramento?

Videos in Sacramento