"We enjoyed our stay at the Hilton Garden Inn" Top 5 Page for this destination El Segundo by Waalewiener

El Segundo Travel Guide: 98 reviews and 327 photos

This Hotel is very nice and in a great location.

For 3 nights we stayed at this beautiful Hotel,several VT members also stayed at his Hotel and we were very pleased, we had the use of a computer room with free acces to the internet ,we had the use of a Hotel shuttle which was really nice and we of course had fun meeting with other VT members .
Friday night was the VT welcoming meeting at '' Beaches '' restaurant near the Pier in Manhattan Beach .
Saturday was the Manhattan Beach 6 men Volleyball Tournament .
Saterday night was a VT meeting organized by VT member Yubert and it was held at the '' Proud Bird Restaurant near the LAX airport .This restaurant was awsome and it has many Historic planes on display around the restaurant.

This is the whole VT gang minus 3 .

The '' Brunch '' gang ,we are grouped together for a group picture on the terras of this gorgeous Golf course called ''The Lakes " Finally Stephanie & Dena got us assembled as they say.
It took a while to get this done but we did it ,missing here is Yubert & Gerry ,because they were taking pictures ,and yes to no surprise of anyone Hansi (waalewiener) was of course videotaping the event.
I remember that I did slip into the picture at one time laying on the ground ,but anyways it looks fine without me in it.
The food at the Brunch was delicious lots of food like we had all weekend ,lots of food for sure.
VT staff brought BIG beautiful books full with postcards that have been send to the VT office now located in El Segundo.Postcards were signed friendships were made .
Once more LoriPori & Waalewiener
would like to thank the whole VT staff and also the members of Stephanie's family for hosting such a wonderful Sunday Brunch ,and the whole weekend as well.
THANK YOU VT.

• Pros:El Segundo is perfect ,it has everything ,sun ,sand beach and great Hotels
  • In a nutshell:Go to see El Segundo you won't regret it.
  • Last visit to El Segundo: Jul 2004
  • Intro Updated Sep 7, 2004

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo
    Nov 27, 2006 at 7:18 AM

Looks like fun!

• keida84's Profile Photo
    Sep 15, 2005 at 8:17 AM

Hansi, El Segundo sure has changed since I was last there 20 years ago! I am impressed with the Green Metro Line and that a nice hotel actually exists there. Ya learn something new everyday! Kat

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    May 16, 2005 at 7:45 AM

It seems that you had a great VT meeting and had a great time, but these the rule, isn't it ? VT meetings are always a success !

• Goner's Profile Photo
    Oct 16, 2004 at 10:13 PM

I enjoyed seeing the pics from our VT party - have you heard from Tasmania???

• lmkluque's Profile Photo
    Oct 16, 2004 at 7:47 AM

Thanks Hans for showing me what I missed!! Maybe next year I'll be able to stay all weekend too! Great photos!

• Sweetberry1's Profile Photo
    Sep 29, 2004 at 5:09 AM

Wonderful page on the vt meet Hans.. Judging by the photos, it looks like a lot of fun was had by all.. Yes Hans, it has been too long.. ;-)

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Sep 20, 2004 at 3:05 PM

Hans, this is just marvelous. Your running dialogue in your travelogues make it seem as though we are right there. What a fun group and such a lovely environment. You and Lori are King & Queen of VT Meetings!

• Karin1S's Profile Photo
    Sep 7, 2004 at 10:41 AM

Hi Hans, you've been at the sunshine state and it seems you had a lot of fun . . . Greetings from Berlin Karin

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Sep 4, 2004 at 11:39 AM

Wow Hansie You have been a busy boy. Awewome pix and great story. I am truly in awe. Keep up the good work. Hugs. Lori.

• dvideira's Profile Photo
    Sep 3, 2004 at 9:42 PM

Nice pics and for sure you had a wonderful time in there. Cheers !

Waalewiener

“Travel now , don't wait until it is too late”

Badges & Stats in El Segundo

Have you been to El Segundo?