"These Arnhem pages are dedicated to Paul & Family" Top 5 Page for this destination Arnhem by Waalewiener

Arnhem Travel Guide: 382 reviews and 1,375 photos

This is young Ilja smiling in good hands with Hans

In these following pages I like to show another example of the wonderful Dutch hospitality we received while in the Netherlands.
the following VT members invited us into their homes on our visit.
ATLC,MATIM, NIGHTHAWK Pavlik_nl Paul
I forget exactly where in VT I met Paul,but I do remember when Paul heard of Lori & Hans coming to the Netherlands for a VT meeting,Paul contacted me and asked us if we were interested coming to visit him & the family in Arnhem.We did visit Paul & Irina & Ilja .Our visit was wonderful ,we loved it,Paul was very nice ,excited and funny, Irina was so sweet and Ilja just a bundle of joy to watch as you will see in the following pictures in my 5 travelogues.I could not get enough of taking pictures of them.
I want to take this opportunity to thank Paul & Irina for inviting us to their home were we spend two wonderful days.It was a great time
Paul & Irine & Ilja ,THANKS.
Lori & Hans.*

%gFor a great story about Paul & Irina ,Paul the Dutchman and Irina the young and beautiful Russian woman .Pauls wife Irina and their lovely full of life 2 year old son Ilja please see the pages of Pavlik _ NL Pavlik_nl Paul

Paul is a born Tourguide ,I think Paul enjoys it immensly to show visitors around the City of Arnhem.Paul has an incredible knowledge about the Historie of Arnhem and and I am sure a lot more knowledge about many other things .From the moment we stepped in Paul's car for our Tour of Arnhem Paul was telling us about everything we drove by.
Lori said Paul is a walking Encyclopedia.This picture here begins with the '' Jacob Groenewouds Plantsoen. '' This was the first stop on our Tour of Arnhem .More about this Monument /Park in the General Tips.

In the Arnhem Tips I will show the places in Arnhem that Paul showed us, because of so many pictures I will use the Gelderland page to show the remaining pictures of Arnhem and some from other communities nearby. In this picture we are in the Sonsbeek Park ,this is an incredible beautiful Park ,with a fountain and and a waterfall ,and the fall colours were absolutely beautiful.

• Pros:Arnhem is a great Dutch City and as you can see great hospitality there.
  • In a nutshell:Make a visit to Arnhem ,you will love it.
  • Last visit to Arnhem: Oct 2003
  • Intro Updated Oct 24, 2004

• JuliaMac's Profile Photo
    Jun 7, 2012 at 9:41 AM

Hello ! yes,Paul is real walking Encyclopedia ))) He knows everything about his town and Holland ,the best guide !

• Pavlik_NL's Profile Photo
    Oct 9, 2009 at 2:14 PM

Hi Hansi, first: CONGRATULATIONS on your birthday! 2nd, I keep visiting these pages with Ilja so small. Great memories. Hope you and Lori are well. Greets from NL, Paul

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Apr 25, 2009 at 9:14 AM

Enjoyed reading about Dutch hospitality - and Ilja is sooo cute. But is that guy drinking from that waterfall? He didn't follow the warning. And that helmet really looks so lonely sitting alone on that rock...great pictures! Norman :)

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Dec 24, 2008 at 4:35 AM

sounds like you had a nice 2 days of peace and calm! Nice write up.

• DAO's Profile Photo
    Apr 30, 2008 at 12:00 AM

Thanks! All the best to you and Lori.

• breughel's Profile Photo
    Apr 28, 2007 at 10:51 AM

I read with much interest your tips on the battle of Arnhem. I now realize that between the victorious jump of the Guards to liberate Brussels and the failure at Arnhem only a fortnight passed. The war was not finished, Bastogne had still to come!

• Hexepatty's Profile Photo
    Apr 17, 2007 at 5:06 PM

HOW PRETTY IS THIS VILLAGE... and a sweet dedication. I love your tips too!

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo
    Dec 18, 2006 at 9:59 AM

This page is an interesting blend of good times and history. An enjoyable read.

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Sep 29, 2006 at 3:31 AM

Last visit in 2004 to these pages. They are so beautiful. The photo you took of Lori through the water is fantastic. WWII info is marvelous and memorable. Your own guide made it very special.

• Tugboatguy's Profile Photo
    Aug 5, 2006 at 12:59 PM

Hi Hansi, thanx for dropping by-still too hot here but July was worst heat in my 40 years here at the beach. Little wind & today is the big wooden boat Annual McNish Classic Sail Race, should be a slow drifter. Doug

Waalewiener

“Travel now , don't wait until it is too late”

Badges & Stats in Arnhem