"Delfzijl a Harbour City in the North Netherlands." Delfzijl by Waalewiener

Delfzijl Travel Guide: 21 reviews and 101 photos

You think they are VT obsessed , I think so.

Two great ladies in this picture Lori is my wonderful wife ,and Roelien is a great friend of ours .We visited Roelien at her home in Hoogkerk near Groningen,and Roelien asked us what we would like to do and I said I would like to visit Delfzijl the Harbour City where I went to a Sea Cadet shool in 1961 -1963.
so of we went ,and here we are in Delfzijl.Thanks Roelien for showing us Delfzijl and area.

Delfzijl is a major Sea Harbour in the Northern part of the Netherlands, it is a medium size City with 30.000 people,there is a vibrant industry and it has been there since the middle ages.Because of the exploitation of natural gas and salt many businesses from inside and outside the country settled in Delfzijl.
Inthe 70 's Delfzijl grew the most ,and many new homes were build , at the present the City's North side is growing fast.Delfzijl can be reached very well by rail and by water.

As many other Dutch Cities Delfzijl has a great downtown and a nice looking '' Molen " Windmill,named Molen Adam.Since 1974 the Molen Adam houses an Exposition where some 8 or 9 Expositions per year are held.
De '' Stichting Exposition Molen Adam " are the people that make the Expositions happen.

• Pros:Delfzijl is nice middle size Harbour City
  • In a nutshell:Make a visit to Delfzijl ,it is worth seeing .
  • Last visit to Delfzijl: Oct 2003
  • Intro Updated Nov 1, 2003

• nighthawk's Profile Photo
    Apr 25, 2010 at 3:44 AM

just went on a trip down memory lane ... showing the pics to bf .. such good memories! xox

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Apr 15, 2006 at 3:43 AM

Hey Hans: Just had to make a comment on this page. Is the "Turkey's steambath" for turkeys only? I have visions of turkeys with a little towel wrapped around their waist. gobble gobbling the latest gossip.

• easyoar's Profile Photo
    Apr 11, 2005 at 2:42 PM

I can never pronounce Dutch names, and this one is a good example! Lori looks very fetching in her clogs!

• JetlagCity's Profile Photo
    Mar 13, 2005 at 10:43 AM

Yes, we are all obsessed with VT, there's no denying it, hahaha! Looks like an interesting nostalgic trip!

• Nighthawk2's Profile Photo
    Jul 19, 2004 at 9:25 AM

owh ... my mom again ... mom told me it was fun ;)

• basstbn's Profile Photo
    Nov 28, 2003 at 8:19 PM

Interesting page & photos. Neat hotel!

• annk's Profile Photo
    Nov 28, 2003 at 8:00 PM

The hotel on pilings looks unique. Looks like you had a great time! Very nice page Hans!

• Imbi's Profile Photo
    Nov 27, 2003 at 9:08 PM

It has been believed that most of the fishes caught are mostly exported to neighbour European countries. Nice page

• olja1234's Profile Photo
    Nov 18, 2003 at 2:23 PM

Great page again. I like tose colourful wooden shoes.

• irisbe's Profile Photo
    Nov 13, 2003 at 11:18 PM

What a weird location that hotel is build ! on some wooden pilars over the sea wowww... and has much been changed since you left? nice page Hans! my regards to Lori!

Waalewiener

“Travel now , don't wait until it is too late”

Badges & Stats in Delfzijl

Have you been to Delfzijl?