Hawaii (State of) Things to Do Tips by Waalewiener Top 5 Page for this destination
Hawaii (State of) Things to Do: 556 reviews and 834 photos
Palmtree growing inside Banyan Tree
This picture shows that the the trunk of the Palm Tree is very visible and inside of this Banyan Tree, hard to believe , but you can see for yourself. the wonders of nature.
Palmtree & Banyan Tree
this picture will show a Palm Tree up high and a Banyan Tree , you would think that the Palm tree is behind the Banyan Tree , but not so I will show you in the next picture.
Huge Banyan Tree
This incredible beautiful Banyan Tree is just beautiful it is so huge , many Birds make the tree their home , the tree is surrounded by beautiful flowers , when you see this tree you don't want to leave it really gets your attention.
Directions: Kuhio Beach Park , on the boulevard , not far from the Beach.
Duke Paoa Kahanamoku.
Duke Paoa Hanamoku , a great 6 foot 2 inches muscular man,who became a Master Surfer in the waters of Waikiki.Using a 114 pounds 16 ft koa-wood surf board which was 10 times heavier than todays surfboards.
The Duke was a two times (1912 & 1920) Olympic swimming champion,and he served as Hawaii's official Ambassador of Aloha.
In 1990 , one hundred years later he was born a statue was unveiled on Kuhio Beach
welcoming all the visitors to the place he loved so much. On august 24 the U.S post office service issued a stamp in his honor .
Festivities were held near the now Hilton Hawaiian Village Beach area where the Duke grew up.
Directions: Kuhio Beach is located on East end of Waikiki Beach at the end of Kuhio Avenue.
Voagers at Sea hunting Shark.
A journey of Voyagers is well documented and is displayed at this Education Center.
It must have been very exciting to be among
the first people discovering Hanauma Bay.
You must see all the beautiful Sealife that is on display at this Education Center.
It is very colourful and very beautiful.
Directions: Hanauma Bay Marine Education Center'
A great Center and very informative.
Phone: 396 -4229
Lori & Pat at Display
It is very important to tell about this Education Center at Hanauma Bay, The purpose of this Center is to Educate the people about the importance of preserving this Bay . There are large displays and posters about the history of this Bay.
Directions: This Bay is is open Daily 6 am - 6 pm except on tuesdays when the Bay closes.
$i dollar to park and $3 dollar entrance fee.for non residents 13 years and older
No charge for residents with foto I.D..
Phone: Tel 396-4229.
Scuba Diving in Hanauma Bay
Scuba Diving in this beautiful Hanauma Bay ,is said to be a great experience.
we did not do the scuba dive or the snorkeling but we had great fun watching others do it.There are over 400 species of Tropical reef Fish in the Bay.
You have to be at least 12 years old to Scuba Dive and you have to be an introductory or licenced diver.
Scuba rates are $86.67 Taxes are included, All equipment and instuctions are included.
Directions: Hanauma Bay is at the southern Shore of the Island of Oahu and is is about 20 minutes by car from Waikiki. The following is the adress of the Hanauma Bay Diving Tour
Other Contact: Fax 808-923-8278.
Hanauma Bay from the air
On our plane trip Oahu to Maui I took this picture from the airplane I was surprised it turned out pretty good.
It was a fantastic view from up their in the sky.
if you leave your things alone for just a moment you could have two legged visitors ,
checking your things , It was fun to watch this snoopy bird trying to get into our things.
Directions: Hanauma Bay.
More Reviews (21)
- See All Every body surfing surfing USA.
- See All Don't try to do this at home leave it to...
- I think the Hawaiian locals love to...
- See All Lovely ladies in lovely traditional...
Waalewiener's Related Pages
Hawaii (State of) Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hang Loose in Hawaii"
- "Hawaiian Islands ~ GO Virtual"
- "A Month In Paradise"
- "Hawaii this beautiful place we fell in love with."
- "diver-x's Hawaii Page"
- "Scenic Hawaii"
- "BlueCollar's Hawai‘i"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hawaii (State of)
- Hotels in Hawaii (State of)
- Transportation in Hawaii (State of)
- Nightlife in Hawaii (State of)
- Restaurants in Hawaii (State of)
- Shopping in Hawaii (State of)
- Warnings and Dangers in Hawaii (State of)
- See All...
Explore the World
- Nags Head Hotels
- Chongming Dao
- San Sebastián Hotels
- Hessisch Oldendorf
- Male Island Hotels
- Stabroek Hotels
- Western Division
Badges & Stats in Hawaii (State of)
- 129 Reviews
- 343 Photos
- 29 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (42)
Have you been to Hawaii (State of)?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hawaii (State of)
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Oh My Gosh....Dancing..."
- Commented on one of deecat's Hawaii (State of) travel pages
- Wrote a Review Every body surfing surfing USA. in Hawaii (State of) Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "Every body surfing surfing USA."
- updated a Hawaii (State of) Travelogue "Experiencing this Lu'au in this setting was awsome"
Videos in Hawaii (State of)See All Videos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ruinas Chichén-Itzá Intro, 50 reviews, 84 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Frigiliana Intro, 35 reviews, 94 photos, 7 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 42 reviews, 84 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Breda Intro, 34 reviews, 77 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Honolulu Intro, 34 reviews, 76 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arnhem Intro, 33 reviews, 76 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fuengirola Intro, 32 reviews, 76 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marbella Intro, 32 reviews, 75 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hawaii (State of) Intro, 31 reviews, 74 photos, 5 travelogues
- Oahu Intro, 27 reviews, 70 photos, 5 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (407)
Top Hawaii (State of) hotels
- Honolulu Hotels
- 1987 Reviews - 4709 Photos
- Lihue Hotels
- 38 Reviews - 37 Photos
- Lahaina Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 616 Photos
- Kailua-Kona Hotels
- 343 Reviews - 768 Photos
- Kihei Hotels
- 54 Reviews - 134 Photos
- Kapaa Hotels
- 28 Reviews - 40 Photos
- Hilo Hotels
- 235 Reviews - 453 Photos
- Koloa Hotels
- 13 Reviews - 23 Photos
- Hawaii Kai Hotels
- 9 Reviews - 25 Photos
- Kaanapali Hotels
- 15 Reviews - 46 Photos
- Poipu Hotels
- 62 Reviews - 154 Photos
- Kapalua Hotels
- 16 Reviews - 23 Photos
- Kahului Hotels
- 7 Reviews - 11 Photos
- Hanauma Bay Hotels
- 18 Reviews - 46 Photos
- Kahuku Hotels
- 9 Reviews - 33 Photos