"Frigiliana a beautiful white village on a mountain" Top 5 Page for this destination Frigiliana by Waalewiener
Frigiliana Travel Guide: 118 reviews and 392 photos
The largest part of the Frigiliana territory extends over the mountain range of the Almijara Sierra,giving
Frigiliana that wonderful looking village on that mountain,down to the east is the river the '' Chillar '' the river which fits between the marble and the dolomite of the sierra has formed impressive defiles and gorges, which is a contrast with some water pools in the lower part The water from the sierra, irrigates the terraces of Frigiliana placing a green border around the white houses.
This is the '' Parish Church of San Antonio '',it was build in 1676 and it was restored in 1976.
This church was build over an ancient Mosque.
The Church was build in renaissance style,and it has a Latin
Cross shaped Nave that devides the Church in to three aisles seperated by round arches.The main entrance of the church opens onto a courtyard surrounded by a hand wrought iron fence
You could call this main street Frigiliana, one of the few areas that were not build on a hill ,you will be climbing as you walk throug the village from here.
I believe this village has around two thousand people living here.
Enjoy the tour through Frigiliana.
- Pros:Quiet charming easy to walk ,and a pleasure on your eyes.
- In a nutshell:If you visit the Costa del Sol do not miss Frigiliana.
Well this is the last picture a nice close up of the beautiful flowers in that Flowerpot more travel advice
I saw this nice little statue of a virgen build inside the wall of this house ,it looked so special more travel advice
Waalewiener's Related Pages
Frigiliana Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Frigiliana a beautiful white village on a mountain"
- "One of the most beautiful Andalusian cities"
- "The prettiest village in Andalucía"
- "PICTURESQUE FRIGILIANA"
- "Once, this was a Moorish village........"
- "Frigiliana. A place of hills."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Frigiliana
- Hotels in Frigiliana
- Transportation in Frigiliana
- Restaurants in Frigiliana
- Shopping in Frigiliana
- Warnings and Dangers in Frigiliana
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Frigiliana
- 35 Reviews
- 94 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 38 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (60)
Have you been to Frigiliana?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Frigiliana
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Euromeet 2016 has started ..."
- updated a Frigiliana Travel Page "Frigiliana a beautiful white village on a mountain"
- Uploaded a Video to Frigiliana
- Uploaded a Photo to "PICTURES AT THE FRIGILIANA RESTAURANT"
- Commented on one of spanishguy's Frigiliana travel pages
- Wrote a Review Close up of the beautiful Flowers in Flowerpot in Frigiliana Things to Do
Photos in FrigilianaSee All Photos (94)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ruinas Chichén-Itzá Intro, 50 reviews, 84 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Frigiliana Intro, 35 reviews, 94 photos, 7 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 42 reviews, 84 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Breda Intro, 34 reviews, 77 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Honolulu Intro, 34 reviews, 76 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arnhem Intro, 33 reviews, 76 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fuengirola Intro, 32 reviews, 76 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marbella Intro, 32 reviews, 75 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hawaii (State of) Intro, 31 reviews, 74 photos, 5 travelogues
- Oahu Intro, 27 reviews, 70 photos, 5 travelogues