"Fuengirola with its beautiful promenades." Top 5 Page for this destination Fuengirola by Waalewiener

Fuengirola Travel Guide: 235 reviews and 452 photos

This Fuengirola page is dedicated to Eva.

This young lady is Eva , and Eva lives in Fuengirola.
We let Eva know that we were coming to visit the area and Eva told us that she would be happy to meet with us ,and we met Eva twice .
One time in Fuengirola where we had a nice lunch with Eva and the second time on the day before we left for Canada on our way back home .The visit that second time we Eva,Carmen Stace ,Lori & I had a wonderful afternoon together in Playamar Beach where our Hotel was located and we had Chinese dinner and then we said good bye to each other.Check the travelogues for many pictures with Eva & Lori & Hans

Fuengirola is one of the smallest municipalities in the Malaga province, but the 8 km of coastline makes it an important tourist resort with great Promenades and nice beaches like
Carvajal,Torreblanca del Sol, Los Boliches,La caviotas, Santa Amelia& El Castillo.The town has short narrow streets with Shops , Bars & Restaurants.There is a great harbour , and fish is always fresh and Los Boliches used to be a small fishing village but has grown into a good size Town.

Fuengirola can boast about having the best markets on the Costa del Sol and they are probably right ,the market grounds as you can see in the pictures is a large area and it has a beautiful entrance shown in the picture.
A regular market is held on Tuesdays and a Fley market is held on Saterdays ,and vendors come from afar ,and even from other countries. This market is not far from the Train and Bus station ,within walking distance.

• Pros:a nice place with a lovely promenade and nice Beach.
  • Cons:Try not to get stuck by car insde the narrow streets of Fuengirola.
  • In a nutshell:Great place ,we will have to come back to.
  • Last visit to Fuengirola: Feb 2004
  • Intro Updated Mar 2, 2004

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Mar 24, 2010 at 1:24 PM

Thanks for your story, Hansi! You have great memories....

• wise23girl's Profile Photo
    Apr 23, 2009 at 6:45 PM

Have only been in Spain once on day tour from Queen Mary2. Would love to see some of these places you mention. Marg

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Apr 6, 2009 at 7:03 PM

Glad you found a great friend - Eva - in Fuengirola! Nice to know someone to show you around...great tips, Norman :)

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    Sep 26, 2008 at 12:56 PM

Oh what lovely memories your page brought back ;-)

• DAO's Profile Photo
    Jun 13, 2008 at 5:13 AM

Thanks Hansi. Good to see you and Lori again. I am supporting the Dutch in the football. The Dutch FA asked all English fans to support them!

• benazer's Profile Photo
    Dec 6, 2007 at 11:18 AM

Hey there my man,how goes it the life ?

• lmkluque's Profile Photo
    Oct 7, 2007 at 7:06 AM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HANSI!! What great pictures you have of this interesting town! Walking is not for me these days, but it looks lovely!

• Hexepatty's Profile Photo
    Mar 20, 2007 at 5:33 PM

are the forums down?!

• karenincalifornia's Profile Photo
    Feb 3, 2007 at 7:27 PM

Fuengirola looks like a lot of fun. I can't believe I will be there in a tiny bit over 6 months...I don't like shopping either, so I will look for that safe house to get away from the shopaholics!

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Dec 28, 2006 at 4:03 PM

Nice tips Hansi!

Waalewiener

“Travel now , don't wait until it is too late”

Badges & Stats in Fuengirola

Have you been to Fuengirola?

Latest Activity in Fuengirola