"Our 3 night stay in Tree House Bonamanzi G.Park" Top 5 Page for this destination Hluhluwe Game Reserve by Waalewiener

Hluhluwe Game Reserve Travel Guide: 94 reviews and 246 photos

Tree House in Bonamanzi Game Park.

In this Intro and the Travelogues I will try to re-create our 3 nights and 4 days adventure to the Game reserves.
We , Wim my brother( VT member pawimzelf )Lori & Hans. The trip brings us up North from Durban on the main road to an area where several Game Reserves are located.The 4 main places we visited were 1) Hluhluwe-Umfolozi Game Reserve 2) St Lucia where we took a boat tour on The Greater St Lucia Wetlands 3) We visited Cape Vidal a haven for Fishermen.4) We drove through the Mkuzi Game Reserve for a day.
This Page and Travelogues and some tips will show some pictures from our stop at a road Fruit and Souvenir stand, and one picture of some local houses along the Highway.I invite you all to relive with us this incredible wonderful experience. Enjoy/

Nosy neighbors are watching us moving in.

In the 4200 Hectare Park you can walk around day or night and you will see a variety of animals
there are trails , there are some drinking areas (waterholes) where you will see most of the animals.They are all around you , it is a paradise for people who love to take pictures of animals.You will see Wildebeest , Antelopes, Waterbuck's. Kudu's, Steenbuck's Impala's etc.In this picture we have visiters allready ,they were watching us unpack ,almost like humans do when new neighbours move next door.

This tree house had two seperate bed rooms.

As you can see the tree house had two good size bed rooms,it had a kitchen bathroom, and their was a shower stall, a fridge and cooking facilities, all the basics were there .At night there was free entertainment which was a performance on the roof by some restless monkeys that should have been sleeping.No television , but Wim had a little radio where he could pick up some stations like the world broadcasting station.
The nights were very quite except of course the monkeys and the birds on the roof.

• Pros:Everything was fantastic and exciting.
  • Cons:nothing I can think of.
  • In a nutshell:try sleeping in a tree house it will be a fun experience
  • Last visit to Hluhluwe Game Reserve: Oct 1994
  • Intro Updated Dec 30, 2002

• aussirose's Profile Photo
    Jan 19, 2011 at 2:08 PM

Sweet! :o) Loved the vid of the Giraffe family Hansi...and the music too :o) ....Hey you guys stayed in tree houses! Cool! Hugs, Ann.

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Aug 12, 2010 at 10:45 PM

I see you had a great stay there....

• DennyP's Profile Photo
    Feb 24, 2009 at 7:52 PM

Hi..very interesting place to visit..the accomodation looks really something..what with all the animals..great photos and tips thanx for sharing

• Thailandfan's Profile Photo
    Mar 23, 2007 at 12:43 PM

Lovely South African pages. Kind regards Michelle (South Africa)

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Sep 19, 2006 at 4:23 PM

Haha, great giraffe store. Good tips and first of all fantastic pictures of wildlife.

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Apr 9, 2006 at 12:02 AM

Fantastic photos of wildlife in your travelogues. I like especially the giraffe family!

• Acirfa's Profile Photo
    Jan 31, 2006 at 11:03 AM

I just love this game park, I have been on many safaris in the past, one of the best was here in Hluhluwe.

• Wafro's Profile Photo
    Aug 26, 2005 at 10:36 AM

Great giraffe story, must be quite an experience. Enjoy reading your Pages. GRTZ

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Apr 20, 2005 at 9:02 AM

I didn't even recognize either you or Lori! Fantastic travelogues, especially the giraffes! What an adventure; one you'll never forget, huh? Interesting introduction.

• pink63's Profile Photo
    Feb 5, 2005 at 4:46 PM

I want a tree house!!! Do you know the italian writer Italo Calvino? I wrote "Il rampante rampante" the history of a boy living on a tree: I'd like to do the same!!

Waalewiener

“Travel now , don't wait until it is too late”

Badges & Stats in Hluhluwe Game Reserve

Have you been to Hluhluwe Game Reserve?

Videos in Hluhluwe Game Reserve