"Our 3 night stay in Tree House Bonamanzi G.Park" Top 5 Page for this destination Hluhluwe Game Reserve by Waalewiener
Hluhluwe Game Reserve Travel Guide: 94 reviews and 246 photos
In this Intro and the Travelogues I will try to re-create our 3 nights and 4 days adventure to the Game reserves.
We , Wim my brother( VT member pawimzelf )Lori & Hans. The trip brings us up North from Durban on the main road to an area where several Game Reserves are located.The 4 main places we visited were 1) Hluhluwe-Umfolozi Game Reserve 2) St Lucia where we took a boat tour on The Greater St Lucia Wetlands 3) We visited Cape Vidal a haven for Fishermen.4) We drove through the Mkuzi Game Reserve for a day.
This Page and Travelogues and some tips will show some pictures from our stop at a road Fruit and Souvenir stand, and one picture of some local houses along the Highway.I invite you all to relive with us this incredible wonderful experience. Enjoy/
In the 4200 Hectare Park you can walk around day or night and you will see a variety of animals
there are trails , there are some drinking areas (waterholes) where you will see most of the animals.They are all around you , it is a paradise for people who love to take pictures of animals.You will see Wildebeest , Antelopes, Waterbuck's. Kudu's, Steenbuck's Impala's etc.In this picture we have visiters allready ,they were watching us unpack ,almost like humans do when new neighbours move next door.
As you can see the tree house had two good size bed rooms,it had a kitchen bathroom, and their was a shower stall, a fridge and cooking facilities, all the basics were there .At night there was free entertainment which was a performance on the roof by some restless monkeys that should have been sleeping.No television , but Wim had a little radio where he could pick up some stations like the world broadcasting station.
The nights were very quite except of course the monkeys and the birds on the roof.
- Pros:Everything was fantastic and exciting.
- Cons:nothing I can think of.
- In a nutshell:try sleeping in a tree house it will be a fun experience
These Houses were very nice looking painted white with the traditional straw circular roofs. more travel advice
The locating is on a steep forested slope, with breathtaking vieuws of the surrounding hills and valleys. It is a... more travel advice
Written Dec 27, 2002
Pictures taken on the road to Bonamanzi Park.
Written Jan 14, 2004
Pictures of animals in the Bonamanzi Game Park.
Written Jan 1, 2003
Pic's of the Hlulhuwe-Umfolozi Game Reserve.
Written Dec 28, 2002
A fantastic time with a beautiful Giraffe Family.
Waalewiener's Related Pages
Hluhluwe Game Reserve Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "HLUHLUWE UMFOLOZI GAME RESERVE"
- "Ancient hunting ground of the Zulu Kings"
- "Game viewing, starlit nights and happiness."
- "Hluhluwe Game Reserve, South Africa 2003"
- "Our 3 night stay in Tree House Bonamanzi G.Park"
- "HLUHLUWE/ UMFOLOZI PARK"
- "The oldest Game Reserve in Africa"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hluhluwe Game Reserve
- Hotels in Hluhluwe Game Reserve
- Transportation in Hluhluwe Game Reserve
- Nightlife in Hluhluwe Game Reserve
- Restaurants in Hluhluwe Game Reserve
- Shopping in Hluhluwe Game Reserve
- Warnings and Dangers in Hluhluwe Game Reserve
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Hluhluwe Game Reserve
- 4 Reviews
- 46 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 21 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (42)
Have you been to Hluhluwe Game Reserve?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hluhluwe Game Reserve
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Any foot injury experts here ?"
- Uploaded a Video to Hluhluwe Game Reserve
- Commented on one of LoriPori's Hluhluwe Game Reserve travel pages
- updated a Hluhluwe Game Reserve Travelogue "Pictures of animals in the Bonamanzi Game Park."
- Wrote a Review Do not run out of batteries for Cameras, Camcorder in Hluhluwe Game Reserve What to Pack
- Uploaded a Photo to "Native Houses very nice looking middle of nowhere."
Photos in Hluhluwe Game ReserveSee All Photos (46)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ruinas Chichén-Itzá Intro, 50 reviews, 84 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Frigiliana Intro, 35 reviews, 94 photos, 7 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 42 reviews, 84 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Breda Intro, 34 reviews, 77 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Honolulu Intro, 34 reviews, 76 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arnhem Intro, 33 reviews, 76 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fuengirola Intro, 32 reviews, 76 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marbella Intro, 32 reviews, 75 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hawaii (State of) Intro, 31 reviews, 74 photos, 5 travelogues
- Oahu Intro, 27 reviews, 70 photos, 5 travelogues