"Our great visit at St Lucia and Cape Vidal." Top 5 Page for this destination Lake Saint Lucia by Waalewiener

Lake Saint Lucia Travel Guide: 68 reviews and 168 photos

St Lucia a lovely village located 250 km north of Durban not far from the Ocean.
We saw beautiful trees on the road to the village and we visited a lovely souvenir shop in St Lucia, which this picture shows the entrance to
the souvenir shop.

This is in the Fish Camp of Cape Vidal which is a paradise for Fishermen,it is about 30 minutes East of St Lucia. these Fish on the table are Mackerels,they were big , we had fun watching the fishermen clean there Fish.

This is a picture of the outboard motor of the tour boat we went on to see the Saint Lucia Estuary.
We took a two hour boat tour on lake Saint. Lucia, we saw Crocodiles, Hippos and many Birds.There will be a picture of the tour boat in the Tips section.

• Pros:Lake Saint Lucia was a Gem with a long Historie.
  • Cons:The day we did the boat tour it rained.
  • In a nutshell:Rain or Shine St .Lucia is a must see when in the area.
  • Last visit to Lake Saint Lucia: Sep 1994
  • Intro Updated Jan 13, 2003

• canuck68's Profile Photo
    Mar 26, 2007 at 4:52 PM

Thanks Hans. Friends of mine from South Africa just visited St. Lucia so I was pleased to be able to find out more about it on your page. Diane

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Sep 19, 2006 at 4:44 PM

Outstanding place and a very good page. How on earth you find such lovely places?

• vesna04's Profile Photo
    Oct 1, 2005 at 1:00 PM

Hello Hans, Nice page...good to be here again:)

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo
    Nov 27, 2004 at 11:52 AM

Boat tours, fishing, hiking wildlife viewing - all the things I enjoy are on these pages. Excellent tips and photos.

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Oct 13, 2004 at 8:36 PM

Hans...what a lovely introduction. Helpful tips. Lots of great information. I would love to see Lake Saint Lucia due to your write up...outstanding.

• orlikins's Profile Photo
    Sep 18, 2003 at 1:57 PM

great page! :)

• sachara's Profile Photo
    Jul 17, 2003 at 9:47 PM

We loved this area and the boattrip ( lucky us, no rain). Fantastic page, thank you.

• tini58de's Profile Photo
    May 17, 2003 at 9:33 PM

Excellent page, Hans - too bad it rained on your boat tour! What a coincidence: we have the same elephant salad forks!!!

• sim1's Profile Photo
    Mar 28, 2003 at 9:41 PM

Great page Hans!!! I am not a fan of shopping, but I wouldn't mind in going to that shop! It looks great! Hahaha, I think I would have to take a spare suitecase for all the things I would like to buy :-)

• kenHuocj's Profile Photo
    Jan 26, 2003 at 7:32 PM

One of the secrets of Nature lovers ;-)))

Waalewiener

“Travel now , don't wait until it is too late”

Badges & Stats in Lake Saint Lucia

Have you been to Lake Saint Lucia?