"One Day in St. Martin and what a beauty it was." Marigot by Waalewiener

Marigot Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 56 photos

Willem went Fishing look what he found.

Our Taxi Driver , Tour Guide , Comedian'' Willem'' knows his way around here, in no time he went fishing and came up with a good size Lobster.A lucky day I guess.

If you like lobster you came to the right place

Day 4 of our Caribbean Cruise St.Martin , Netherlands Antilles.
While the North of the Island is French and the South is Dutch , both of these distinct cultures live side by side on the smallest territory in the world.A tempting variety of Dutch chocolates and of course cheese can be found in Philipsburg, and the latest Parisian fashions and perfumes are popular in Marigot . After bargain hunting , the alluring St.Martin beach life awaits.Here we are Willem brought us to the right place.

Going in the nice warm water was a splash.

Going in the water at Orient Beach in St.Martin is absolutely wonderful, a little salty perhaps but so what ,I wish we had more time at this beach, but we could not do too many things in one day.
I recommend this Beach very much.

• Pros:Good food , plenty sunshine ,gorgues beaches including a naturist beach.
  • Cons:A pitty I cannot be there more often.
  • In a nutshell:A Paradise you MUST see one day.
  • Last visit to Marigot: Feb 2002
  • Intro Updated Dec 1, 2002

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Apr 17, 2010 at 12:41 AM

Hansi, your story and pictures made me sing... seeing the Paradise on Earth!

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Dec 29, 2006 at 6:51 AM

I need Orient Beach (and kite surfing) a lot just now as today we have the first snow this year :-). Wow, white New Year party is coming!

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Nov 30, 2006 at 5:29 PM

Another great island page.

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo
    Mar 4, 2006 at 1:08 PM

Kite surfing looks like alot of fun...I don't think I 'd be brave enough to do it, though.

• Feb 7, 2006 at 9:49 AM

Orient Beach looks really inviting!

• iwys's Profile Photo
    Jan 28, 2006 at 11:06 PM

Paradise indeed. It looks wonderful.

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Apr 25, 2005 at 7:15 PM

A small but mighty group of pages, Hans. Lovely photographs, interesting commentary, and enticing environment. I agree with Stephen: which side of the rocks were you & Lori on that made this such a paradise?

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo
    Mar 1, 2005 at 12:41 PM

Ahhh, so you did go to Orient Beach. But you didn't say which side of the rocks you and Lori were on. GRIN!

• piccolina's Profile Photo
    Dec 29, 2004 at 8:48 AM

Hey Hans, it's hard to choise which of your pages i must visit before....For sure in this moment i would like to be on that beach!...:-)

• windsorgirl's Profile Photo
    Dec 3, 2004 at 6:18 PM

What a gorgeous beach, wish I was there now! thanks for the tips Hans.

Waalewiener

“Travel now , don't wait until it is too late”

Badges & Stats in Marigot

Have you been to Marigot?