"Spindrift" Top 5 Page for this destination Nepal by travelinxs

Nepal Travel Guide: 4,011 reviews and 10,830 photos

"Nameste!"

I HAD ALWAYS WANTED TO VISIT NEPAL. GROWING UP I HAD CONJURED UP VISIONS OF HOW I HAD EXPECTED IT TO LOOK; HOW IT WOULD FEEL TO BE THERE. WHY I WAITED SO LONG, I DO NOT KNOW. PERHAPS IT JUST WAS NEVER THE RIGHT TIME. IT WAS WORTH THE WAIT.

MY JOURNEY IN NEPAL COULD HAVE BEEN JUST ANOTHER TRIP. NOW I HAVE COME TO REALISE THAT NO JOURNEY TO NEPAL COULD BE JUST ANOTHER TRIP.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I FLEW TO KATHMANDU THEN TOOK THE INFAMOUS BUS JOURNEY TO JIRI WHERE I BEGAN A SOLO TREK TO EVEREST ALONG THE ORIGINAL PIONEERING ROUTE USED BY EARLY EVEREST EXPLORERS. ALTHOUGH I MET OTHER TRAVELLERS EN ROUTE AND TREKKED SECTIONS OF THE TRAIL WITH THEM, IT WAS A CHALLENGING AND HUMBLING EXPERIENCE TO FIND ONESELF ALONE AMONG THE GIANTS OF THE HIMALAYAS.

IF YOU HAVE THE TIME TO READ THEM I HOPE THE TRAVELOGUES, WHICH BEGIN AT 'EVEREST', WITH A MORE RECENT VISIT UNDER 'ANNAPURNA' PAGE, WILL PROVIDE A SENSE OF ATMOSPHERE THAT CAN BE EXPECTED ON THE TRAILS, OTHERWISE THE TIPS WILL PROVIDE A MORE GENERAL GUIDE.

I HOPE YOU ENJOY YOUR VISIT.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For visitors to VT, please "click" on photos to enlarge.

Note: If you have any updated information that may prove useful to this page or spot any inaccuracies, please let me know and I will gratefully acknowledge your comments or corrections.

• Last visit to Nepal: Apr 2002
  • Intro Updated Oct 2, 2007

• eden_teuling's Profile Photo
    Mar 9, 2010 at 8:12 AM

fantastic stories & photos, Chris! Wish I were young again..... Go on enjoying the world in your own special way. elisabeth from The Netherlands.

• Balam's Profile Photo
    Sep 8, 2009 at 4:00 PM

Fantastic tips, what a great place to go, thanks for sharing

• hindu1936's Profile Photo
    Jun 15, 2009 at 11:59 PM

thank you for the good advice and running comments about the travel methods. I hope to be able to struggle up to base camp.

• sourbugger's Profile Photo
    Jun 2, 2009 at 3:06 PM

great stuff. great tips.

• PierreZA's Profile Photo
    Sep 19, 2008 at 10:52 PM

Great tips and pics! Will be visiting the end of 2008. Thank you, Pierre

• matt10gonzalez's Profile Photo
    Oct 24, 2007 at 7:53 PM

Oh wow..I better be careful about the drugs here! I'm going to Nepal too! It's one of my favorite destinations in the world. It must be so exilirating! How's Mt. Everest?

• mad4travel's Profile Photo
    Sep 10, 2007 at 11:19 AM

Nice Nepal pages. I've just finished doing mine. Feel the same way about the place as you do, its captivating.

• iris2002's Profile Photo
    Oct 27, 2006 at 6:05 AM

That icewall looks like it's comin down ANY MINUTE now ... :) well I shall see for myself soon won't I. Namaste Christmas !! x

• thisit811's Profile Photo
    Mar 13, 2006 at 8:42 PM

thisit811 Wonderful pics. and great comments. We'll be in Nepal in April, 2006. Thanks for the information.

• budapest8's Profile Photo
    Oct 11, 2005 at 1:03 PM

I crossed the Himalayas 4 times back in '86 -'87 and must saw you captured the mountains Beautifully. Luv ya Katmandu pics too. BBS.Tim ·:*¨`*:·~My§ticÄl~·:*."

travelinxs

“next stop ... The Americas”

Badges & Stats in Nepal