"To Catch A Rainbow" travelinxs's Profile
I started travelling as a young, naïve teenager on 1st February 1986, just after breakfast. It was a grey, sombre Saturday morning. Rain had been forecasted, though it never came. I climbed aboard an old World War 2 army truck and rumbled out of town and across my home county of Devon in England and onward toward Africa.
From that moment on, life would never be the same again.
So. Why do I travel? I travel because it is who I am. It's what I do. It's no more or less complicated than that. I'm not running 'from' anything. I'm running 'to' everything. There are no spiritual motivations. I'm not trying to find myself, someone else or any resolving states of mind or locales of contentment. It simply induces an all encompassing passion for life in me that is beyond compare. I can't imagine that I will ever stop. Not for anyone or anything. Why would I? I love my life. I have no desire or reason to change it.
In the journal To Catch A Rainbow I simply utalised an alternative method of transport to reach the Asian Sub-Continent. I bought a bicycle, and with little preparation pedalled off over the horizon. Over time, adventure cycling became a part of that travel obsession as I came to realise what a perfect mode of transport the bicycle is.
To Catch A Rainbow - the journey continues rejoins the road in Kyrgyzstan, Asia to continue onward east toward New Zealand.
To Catch A Rainbow - the final endeavour sees the final leg of this round the world journey, starting August 2014 in Canada heading south.
... Its adventure time once again.
Travel In Excess
I was very honoured to receive 'The Adventurist 2010' award and thanks for the nominations. It was very much appreciated.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 168 Reviews
- 1,131 Photos
- 10 Countries
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
- Commented on travelinxs's profile page
- Posted in Travel United States of America Forum "Re: Travelling Canada, U.S,..."
- travelinxs and Madasabull are now friends.
updated their Profile Page "To Catch A Rainbow"
- updated a Osh Travelogue "Two Four One"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Opulance"
- Wrote a Review Visa Applications in China Favorites
- Uploaded a Video to Pokhara
VideosSee All Videos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nepal Intro, 36 reviews, 55 photos, 4 travelogues
- Egypt Intro, 38 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
- Sri Lanka Intro, 16 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Devon Intro, 27 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
- Mount Everest Intro, 41 photos, 5 travelogues
- Israel Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
- Yemen Intro, 14 reviews, 15 photos
- Mexico Intro, 27 photos, 4 travelogues
- Jaisalmer 25 photos, 5 travelogues
- India Intro, 18 reviews, 4 photos