"Welcome to Houston!" Houston by HouFelix
Houston Travel Guide: 1,246 reviews and 2,138 photos
Among other things, Houston is known as "Space City" due to the location of the Johnson Space Center here. The first words spoken by the astronauts from the moon in 1969 were "Houston, the eagle has landed."
Houston is also known as the energy capital of the world, and many of the world's leading energy companies have headquarters or refineries here.
More will follow.
- Pros:Plenty to see and do
- Cons:Summer climate is HOT & HUMID, things are quite spread out, necessitating having a car at your disposal.
- In a nutshell:Attractions all ove the place!
Houston is very spread out, and the only public transportation is buses, so you'll need a car. The city's laid out... more travel advice
HouFelix's Related Pages
Houston Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "H-Town, Texas! My Hometown!"
- "Houston, Texas; Beyond Oil, Heat and Space"
- "Home, Home on the Range"
- "Hidden Huston"
- "Houston: Home to the Rodeo and Oil Business"
- "Houston, Texas"
- "4th Largest City in the USA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Houston
- Hotels in Houston
- Transportation in Houston
- Nightlife in Houston
- Restaurants in Houston
- Shopping in Houston
- Warnings and Dangers in Houston
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Houston
- 2 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Houston?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Houston
Top 10 Pages
- Portland Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Oakland Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- New York City Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Atlanta Intro, 3 reviews, 2 photos
- Isla Cozumel Intro, 3 reviews, 2 photos
- Milwaukee Intro, 5 reviews
- Napa Intro, 1 review, 3 photos, 1 travelogue
- Houston Intro, 2 reviews, 1 photo
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ruinas de Tulum Intro, 2 reviews, 1 photo
- San Francisco Intro, 1 review