"Limburg offers more than just the Dom ..." Top 5 Page for this destination Limburg an der Lahn by chicabonita

Limburg an der Lahn Travel Guide: 56 reviews and 146 photos

... but of course the Dom is the main tourist attraction. From the highway A3 you can see the them Dom when passing by Limburg.

* * * * * * * * * *

Limburg is the town where my parents met for the first time!

* * * * * * * * * *

Both came to Limburg to visit, of course the Dom! This is the story my mother told me: Alone she went to Limburg to visit the Dom after it was renovated. She had lunch in a restaurant and by chance she was sitting at the same table like my father. My father ordered a soup for starter. When the waiter came with the soup he gave it to my mother. My mother wanted to give it back to my father. But my father said that she could eat the soup if she would like. That's how their conversation started. After lunch they went for a walk and my father accompanied my mother to the train station. When saying good bye to each other my father asked my mother if they could stay in touch and if he could send her letters ...

That was the beginning and now my parents are married for over 40 years. Still happy together and in love with each other!

• Last visit to Limburg an der Lahn: Aug 2003
  • Intro Updated Oct 13, 2003

Travelogues (1)

chicabonita

“Peace begins with your beautiful smile!”

Badges & Stats in Limburg an der Lahn

Have you been to Limburg an der Lahn?