"Am I fond of Wisconsin Dells, or WHAT?" Top 5 Page for this destination Wisconsin Dells by kahunaaccidentale
Wisconsin Dells Travel Guide: 114 reviews and 87 photos
If you can just imagine scenic boat excursions, world-class live waterski shows, mini-golf, go-karts, rollercoasters, waterslides and wavepools, pizza buffets and kitschy souvenir and fudge shops in such close quarters--then you've come to Wisconsin Dells.
Pretty much halfway between Chicago and the Twin Cities, it's no wonder that Wisconsin Dells has such appeal to so many people from all over the Midwest, especially so common everyday types.
With so much to enjoy in such a concentrated space as 15 square miles, you can't get bored in Wisconsin Dells.
Even if it's just browsing the shops or doing some people-watching, the Dells has plenty to offer the shoobie.
If Orlando is known for Walt Disney World and Cedar Point for its rollercoasters, Wisconsin Dells brings to mind waterslides and wavepools galore.
And it's not mere motel swimming pools I'm talking about: I'm talking about high-speed bodyslides. Tubeslides. Mat slides. Lazy Rivers.
And, of course, the wavepools.
No less than five such (including Big Kahuna @ Noah's Ark, IMHO the greatest such anywhere, and the rather intimate Oceans O'Waves at Riverview Waterworld) among three waterparks.
Noah's Ark loves to call themselves America's Largest Waterpark, and the variety they have is quite varied, well worth the visit.
But for real value for money, I can recommend Riverview Waterworld: A rather intimate wavepool, one rather awesome rapids tube slide, and the high-speed Hurricane tube slide. (Avoid their body slides; they tend to get rather rough.)
If you like it wet and refreshing in an otherwise hot summer, Wisconsin Dells can supply what you need for refreshing fun!
- Pros:The variety of attractions, value for money, everything so conveniently situated, waterslides and wavepools galore
- Cons:Can get rather crowded at the weekends, no decent public transportation (even taxicabs can be limited and expensive), all the walking can get you tired out easily
- In a nutshell:Wisconsin Dells is like potato chips: You just can't resist the place.
Just so you know, cabs there can be pretty costly. All three cab companies there (viz., Wisconsin Dells Taxi, Dells Cab... more travel advice
For those among you as are getting sick and tired of the same shoobie-trap T-shirt nonsense, here's a shop as should up... more travel advice
- The Broadway
- Bring swimwear if you expect to have fun...
- See All Riverview Park and Waterworld
kahunaaccidentale's Related Pages
Wisconsin Dells Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wisconsin dells"
- "Am I fond of Wisconsin Dells, or WHAT?"
- "A Giant Tourist Trap - But in a Good Way!"
- "Traps & Treasures"
- "Wisconsin Dells, a tourist mecca for the Midwest"
- "Wisconsin Dells"
- "Wisconsin Dells"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Wisconsin Dells
- Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
- Transportation in Wisconsin Dells
- Nightlife in Wisconsin Dells
- Restaurants in Wisconsin Dells
- Shopping in Wisconsin Dells
- Warnings and Dangers in Wisconsin Dells
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Wisconsin Dells
- 22 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 6 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Wisconsin Dells?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wisconsin Dells
Top PagesSee All Travel Pages (2)
No friends yet.