"Port Alfred - Heart of the Sunshine Coast" Port Alfred by Kurtdhis
Port Alfred Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 32 photos
The Eastern Province Coast is called Africa’s Sunshine Coast because it has more proven sunshine days per year than any other part of the South African coastline! Port Alfred is set halfway between Port Elizabeth and East London and therefore at the Heart of the Sunshine Coast
Port Alfred is set about halfway between Durban and Cape Town. It has a temperate climate which avoids the tropical humidity to the east and the cold wet winters of the west; instead it offers halcyon summers and winters of golden days and crisp nights
Overlooking the picturesque small boat harbour adjacent to the Royal Alfred marina, on the banks of the Kowie River you will find the most sought after holiday destination. Situated midway between East London and Port Elizabeth, exactly 150 kilometers either way. Known for the wonderful temperate climate, pristine endless beaches, friendly 'village' atmosphere & magnificent Kowie River, which flows out to the warm Indian ocean.
Known simply as ?The Kowie? or ?Ecawa? by the locals, Port Alfred?s natural charm and tranquility, living up to it?s motto ?Favored by Heaven? has been attracting holidaymakers for over a hundred and fifty years.Port Alfred beckons the watersport lover, outdoor adventurer, culture-seeker and the lazybones, who will all enjoy relaxing in the friendly atmosphere and beautiful surroundings.
Voted the best in South Africa. Long stretches of clean unspoiled white beaches with tidal pools and an abundance of shells where you can walk in solitude for miles at the edge of the Indian Ocean.
Wide tidal Kowie River stretching from river mouth to indigenous forest, for pleasure cruising, angling, water-skiing,... more travel advice
Kurtdhis' Related Pages
Port Alfred Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Port Alfred"
- "Port Alfred - Heart of the Sunshine Coast"
- "Port Alfred"
- "Boet & Swaer country"
- "A quiet beach town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Port Alfred
- Hotels in Port Alfred
- Restaurants in Port Alfred
- Shopping in Port Alfred
- Warnings and Dangers in Port Alfred
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Port Alfred
- 4 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Port Alfred?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Port Alfred
Photos in Port AlfredSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taiwan Intro, 32 reviews, 34 photos, 5 travelogues
- South Africa Intro, 32 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Grahamstown Intro, 33 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Comoros Intro, 15 reviews, 11 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination George Intro, 13 reviews, 4 photos
- Penang Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oudtshoorn Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 10 reviews, 5 photos
- T'ai-chung-hsien Intro, 5 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nan-t'ou Intro, 14 photos, 3 travelogues