"Sedgefield" Sedgefield by Kurtdhis
Sedgefield Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 4 photos
This picturesque seaside resort / village of Sedgefield lies between fynbos covered dunes and the Indian Ocean on the estuary of Swartvlei. Surrounded by the Garden Route Lakes, it is on the National Road between Knysna and George.
Sedgefield is situated in the heart of the Garden Route, nestling between pine covered hills, beautiful beaches and magnificent lakes. This picturesque town is a nature lover’s paradise offering the visitor rich and varied bird-life with over 250 listed species to be viewed along many hiking trails and boat trips. The town is situated 25 km from Knysna and the closest airport is George, 45 km away.
Accommodation in Sedgefield consists of bed & breakfast outlets or guest houses, a three star hotel, caravan parks, self-catering holiday resorts and holiday cottages. Under development is a charming retirement complex with a frail care center. The town offers visitors great natural beauty with magnificent beaches, good surfing, rock estuary, deep sea and fresh water (black bass) fishing. It is the perfect destination for families enjoying the great outdoors. This village offers endless golden beaches and a multitude of dune, lakeside and forest hiking trails for the nature and bird lover to enjoy. In addition to this water sports are unlimited - yachting, sailboarding, windsurfing, skiing, bathing to name but a few. There is space and peace for those who wish to relax, for nature lovers a rich store of birdlife and flora to enjoy. It is an extremely good base from which to explore the many lakes, rivers, scenic drives and walks of the Garden Route. A golf course and several paragliding venues are also on our doorstep. Enjoy a scenic coastal steam train ride to or from George or Knysna on the Outeniqua Choo Tjoe, or take a drive to Cloud 9 ridge and enjoy the breathtaking panoramic views over the mountains, forests, lakes and the Indian Ocean. There are a number of restaurants, pubs, craft, clothing and specialty shops as well as grocery and home industry outlets.
Kurtdhis' Related Pages
Sedgefield Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "If it's Outdoor It's Out Here!"
- "Sedgefield Garden Route"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Sedgefield
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Sedgefield?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sedgefield
Photos in SedgefieldSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taiwan Intro, 32 reviews, 34 photos, 5 travelogues
- South Africa Intro, 32 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Grahamstown Intro, 33 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Comoros Intro, 15 reviews, 11 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination George Intro, 13 reviews, 4 photos
- Penang Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oudtshoorn Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 10 reviews, 5 photos
- T'ai-chung-hsien Intro, 5 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nan-t'ou Intro, 14 photos, 3 travelogues