"The City of Chang-hua" Changhua by Kurtdhis
Changhua Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 83 photos
Changhua is known as "the grain store of Taiwan." Surrounded by mountains to the north, south and east, the city faces the Taiwan Straits to the west. The area enjoys a mild climate with adequate rain to make it an excellent agricultural base. Changhua's flower and shrub industry is particularly well developed.
This 22-meter statue of the Buddha is the main attraction at the Bagua Mountain Scenic Area. Two huge stone lions guard the Buddha. To the left of the Buddha is an aquarium, behind it is the Big Buddha hall, behind which lie two eight-story tall pagodas from the top of which the whole of Changhua can be seen.
Changhua County is located in the center of Taiwan. It is a part of Changnan Plain. Changhua is well known for its fertile soil and it is called "Granary of Taiwan". The population is 1.21 million and the area is 1,074 square kilometers.
In 1700s, Lugang was the major political and economic town. There is an old saying "I-Fu, Erh-Lu, San-Mengchia" (Tainan first, Lukang second, and Taipei third), which represents the importance of Changhua. Since then, Changhua has become the political center of central Taiwan.
Changhua County has varied crops. Also, the scenic views of mountain and historical architecture make Changhua County an attractive resort.
Furthermore, Dadu River has rich ecological sources and attracts families to come here in weekends. Most important of all, Changhua is well known for its local foods. People come here to enjoy the delicious foods. Also, the productive agriculture brings Changhua various fruits, florist. All of these resources make Changhua County a precious place to visit.
; Hours: 8 pm-about 2-3 am; (opens 10 am Sat/Sun) Situated in a lane just off San Min Road, Sportsman's is the latest... more travel advice
46 Rooms Room Service (Limited) Television Radio/Alarm Clock Air Conditioning (In Room) Telephone more travel advice
Kurtdhis' Related Pages
Changhua Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The City of Chang-hua"
- "Little Known Changhua Taiwan"
- "Chang-hua County (chinese: ¹ü¤Æ¿¤¥«)"
- "Changhua, my hometown where I grew up!!"
- "Changhua...a place, do i like?!"
- "LuKung (ancient town in ChangHua)"
- "Nostalgic Style in Lu Gang"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Changhua
- Nightlife in Changhua
- Restaurants in Changhua
- Shopping in Changhua
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Changhua
- 5 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Changhua?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Changhua
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taiwan Intro, 32 reviews, 34 photos, 5 travelogues
- South Africa Intro, 32 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Grahamstown Intro, 33 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Comoros Intro, 15 reviews, 11 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination George Intro, 13 reviews, 4 photos
- Penang Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oudtshoorn Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 10 reviews, 5 photos
- T'ai-chung-hsien Intro, 5 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nan-t'ou Intro, 14 photos, 3 travelogues