Reno Restaurant Tips by mcpangie Top 5 Page for this destination
Reno Restaurants: 54 reviews and 45 photos
Ceiling In Oceano
I wasn't all that impressed with the booths/seating, my legs fell asleep because they aren't broken in yet and don't bend I guess (the booth, not my legs!).
I enjoyed the decor, most especially the jellyfish lights...
I'm not the person to ask prices because I was able to comp the meal and didn't pay attention. The place has only had it's grand opening the third weekend in May 2004, so I'll have time to look at the prices.
Favorite Dish: But I really enjoyed the food... from the Green Goddess salad dressing, to the sourdough bread, to the California Roll sushi, etc...
Does anyone else remember when you could buy Green Goddess in a store? Eating salad at Oceano reminded me that I haven't seen it on the shelves for a long time. Umm... it's a really spiced up ranch-like dressing that is... well... green and has anchovies I guess. It's good though.
Directions: New Restuarant in the Peppermill on South Virginia
The Steak House offers a nice but formal atmosphere. As you can see from the photo, the interior is colorful.
I haven't eaten in enough steakhouse-style restaurants in Reno to compare prices, but eating at this restaurant was by no means inexpensive. Regulars to the casino can "comp" their meal.
Reservations are recommended.
Favorite Dish: I really enjoyed the "Cowboy Ribeye". The onion topping gives it a wonderful flavor. At 26 ounces however that is a little bigger chunck of meat than the average stomach can hold. If the Steak House was casual dining I imagine they'd have a plaque listing all their customers that actually cleaned their plate! Expect to have leftovers!
Address: 2707 South Virginia Street
Directions: The Peppermill Hotel Casino is located a few miles from downtown Reno on Virginia street (which you can't miss if you find downtown Reno).
Other Contact: 1-800-648-6992
Picture of Fountains Outside
The Peppermill's Island Buffet has a comfortable atmosphere along with a little bit of a show for diners (a rain storm). This buffet has some of the best food I've found anywhere in my travels. Because they have plenty of customers the food rotates fast enough that I've never gotten ill. That is a plus. They also have a wonderful varity of seafoods for dinner, as well as a worker who will stand there and make you a cesear salad while you direct them as to "no anchovies". If you travel to Reno, don't miss eating at the Peppermill's Island Buffet. You won't be disappointed... unless...
Favorite Dish: They seemed to have dropped the green figs from them menu. Darn. Those were so good!!!
Address: 2707 South Virginia Street
Comparison: about average
Directions: The Peppermill is on Virginia Street, but it isn't in the downtown area. You have to go south... South Virginia Street, and you can't miss it. Once inside the casino, rather than get lost in the maze, just ask.
More Reviews (52)
- See All National Automobile Museum
- Bringing Home Gifts
- See All Spooky Spots in October
- See All The Ultimate Rush
- See All Day Trip To Lassen Volcanic National...
- See All Come Visit In the Spring
- See All Just When You Think It Is Spring
- See All Jan 2005 - We Had Winter
- Visiting During Hot August Nights?
- See All Idlewild Swimming Pool
- See All Shopping For A Hermit Crab?
Been to Reno?Share your travels with the world!
mcpangie's Related Pages
Reno Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Reno Nevada, I Love This Town!"
- "We Love This Place!"
- "A Gambler's Gambling Town"
- "Reno-The biggest little city in the world"
- "The Eldorado"
- "Reno: More Than Just a Smaller Vegas"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Reno
- Hotels in Reno
- Transportation in Reno
- Nightlife in Reno
- Restaurants in Reno
- Shopping in Reno
- Warnings and Dangers in Reno
- See All...
Explore the World
- Patterdale Hotels
- Blå Jungfrun Nationalpark Hotels
- Ponui Island Hotels
- Riviera Beach Hotels
- Distrito de Bragança
Badges & Stats in Reno
- 55 Reviews
- 88 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Reno?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Reno
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ketchikan Intro, 77 reviews, 84 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reno Intro, 55 reviews, 89 photos, 4 travelogues
- Death Valley National Park Intro, 36 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues
- Anchorage Intro, 29 reviews, 23 photos
- United States of America Intro, 24 reviews, 27 photos
- Dillingham Intro, 17 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues
- Portland Intro, 16 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nevada Intro, 17 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pyramid Intro, 12 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Talkeetna Intro, 11 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
Latest Reno hotel reviews
- Silver Legacy Resort Casino
- 967 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 21, 2013
- Circus Circus Hotel and Casino-Reno
- 927 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 20, 2013
- John Ascuaga's Nugget Casino Resort
- 872 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 17, 2013
- Atlantis Casino Resort
- 1618 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 19, 2013
- Club Cal Neva
- 121 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 28, 2013
- Staybridge Suites Reno Nevada
- 199 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 29, 2013
- Motel 6 Reno West
- 27 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 26, 2013
- El Cortez
- 5 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 24, 2012
- Sundowner Hotel Casino
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 6, 2013
- Hilton Garden Inn Reno
- 162 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 10, 2013
- Golden Phoenix Hotel & Casino
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Fitzgeralds Hotel & Casino
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
- ExtendedStay America Reno-South Meadows
- 41 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 25, 2013
- Travelodge Reno Airport
- 150 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 2, 2013