"Greetings From Death Valley, California" Death Valley National Park by mcpangie
Death Valley National Park Travel Guide: 896 reviews and 1,904 photos
I took this picture at the Furnace Creek Visitors Center. However, I swear I've seen the postcard before. I'm thinking some relative has it, somewhere. Anyway, Death Valley has been around as a park of some form forever. I haven't been there for 30 years myself.
This year was special (March 2005) because not only could people see the below sea-level salt flats that Death Valley is famous for...
This year the flowers bloomed in extraordinary numbers. There were billions, trillions, or even more. The valley is upwards of 90 miles long and many miles wide, and each hillside was coated with flowers for as far as the eye could see.
I had a blast trying to take nice pictures in Death Valley National Park. But, I know that I was only there for a short... more travel advice
20,000 years ago (or so) the remnants of the last ice age left Death Valley under a huge lake that was over 90 miles... more travel advice
Written Mar 24, 2005
Crawling Around in Death Valley
Written Mar 25, 2005
mcpangie's Related Pages
Death Valley National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Death Valley National Park Page"
- "Death Valley ? No, a valley of flowers !"
- "~ Blooming with life!~"
- "Into the Valley of Death..."
- "Death Valley - Land of Beauty and Contrasts"
- "Death Valley"
- "Multiple Colors in the "Death" Desert"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Death Valley National Park
- Hotels in Death Valley National Park
- Transportation in Death Valley National Park
- Nightlife in Death Valley National Park
- Restaurants in Death Valley National Park
- Shopping in Death Valley National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Death Valley National Park
- See All...
Explore the World
- Napier Hotels
- Grand Canyon Hotels
- Canary Islands
- Malapascua Island
- Swallow Falls State Park Hotels
- Hlavni Mesto Praha
- Lago di Como
- Calapan Hotels
- Saint Augustine
- Negeri Pulau Pinang
- Everglades City
- Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area Hotels
- Mandurah Hotels
Badges & Stats in Death Valley National Park
- 36 Reviews
- 55 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Death Valley National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Death Valley National Park
- Commented on one of Yaqui's Death Valley National Park travel pages
- Wrote a Review Photography about Death Valley in Death Valley National Park Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Shoreline Butte"
- updated a Death Valley National Park Travelogue "Badwater Basin"
- Posted in Travel Berlin Forum "AquaDom?"
Photos in Death Valley National ParkSee All Photos (55)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ketchikan Intro, 77 reviews, 84 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reno Intro, 55 reviews, 89 photos, 4 travelogues
- Death Valley National Park Intro, 36 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues
- Anchorage Intro, 29 reviews, 23 photos
- United States of America Intro, 24 reviews, 27 photos
- Dillingham Intro, 17 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues
- Portland Intro, 16 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nevada Intro, 17 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pyramid Intro, 12 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Talkeetna Intro, 11 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
Latest Death Valley National Park hotel reviews
- Stovepipe Wells Village
- 629 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 20, 2013
- Furnace Creek Campground
- 24 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 19, 2013
- Furnace Creek Inn and Ranch Resort
- 1255 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 24, 2013
- Mesquite Springs Campground
- 4 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 16, 2013
- Sunset Campground
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 8, 2012