"Togiak, Alaska" Togiak by mcpangie
Togiak Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 19 photos
August 2002 - The commercial fishing season was slowing down with the last openings in Togiak. Here is a boat that got caught high and dry and missed an opening.
Hagemeister Island, Round Island and others can be seen from the beach at Togiak. I didn't write down the names of the islands in the correct order, so I can't remember which one is which. But I di not believe one of these is Round Island, I think Round Island was located out of the viewfield in this picture.
Round Island is the home of the walrus refuge.
Many of the 900 or so people who live in Togiak make their home up on the hill.
There have been times in the years I traveled to Togiak were there wasn't public accomodations available. My old... more travel advice
November 2002 - This time of year the locals go "smelting", which is fishing for tiny fish called smelts. They are often... more travel advice
mcpangie's Related Pages
Togiak Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Togiak
- 7 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Togiak?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Togiak
Photos in TogiakSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ketchikan Intro, 77 reviews, 84 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reno Intro, 55 reviews, 89 photos, 4 travelogues
- Death Valley National Park Intro, 36 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues
- Anchorage Intro, 29 reviews, 23 photos
- United States of America Intro, 24 reviews, 27 photos
- Dillingham Intro, 17 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues
- Portland Intro, 16 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nevada Intro, 17 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pyramid Intro, 12 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Talkeetna Intro, 11 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues