"Glennallen, Alaska" Glennallen by mcpangie
Glennallen Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 15 photos
ATT Alascom’s microwave tower in Glennallen, Alaska. I used to live right underneath this one in about 1976 when my father worked for the company that was eventually to be bought out by AT&T. The house I lived in was taken away a handful of years ago. These microwave towers relay phone calls. Interestingly enough, when I was passing Myer’s Chuck outside of Ketchikan, Alaska a few days later this man from Ketchikan was talking about these towers and how the scrap metal along is worth thousands to people who salvage scrap metal. I didn’t take many other pictures around Glennallen as it was getting dusky. In December the sun was setting around 3:00 PM when I drove through.
- Pros:I enjoyed living there when I was a child.
- Cons:I don't think I'd want to live there these days.
- In a nutshell:Harsh winters but beautiful landscape.
mcpangie's Related Pages
Glennallen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "IN SEARCH OF THE WORLD CLASS RED SALMON"
- "Glennallen, Alaska"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Glennallen
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (38)
Have you been to Glennallen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Glennallen
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ketchikan Intro, 77 reviews, 84 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reno Intro, 55 reviews, 89 photos, 4 travelogues
- Death Valley National Park Intro, 36 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues
- Anchorage Intro, 29 reviews, 23 photos
- United States of America Intro, 24 reviews, 27 photos
- Dillingham Intro, 17 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues
- Portland Intro, 16 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nevada Intro, 17 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pyramid Intro, 12 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Talkeetna Intro, 11 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues